Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I guess, but have to take off the training wheels eventually. 

I don’t know about that. Sisco is finally having the success we all hoped for. Why give Severino no playing time to play Sisco vs LHP?  Seems like we’d get a tired, overexposed Sisco. 

Catchers need days off. We better understand that because AR will only be playing I40 games a year. If we’re smart. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t know about that. Sisco is finally having the success we all hoped for. Why give Severino no playing time to play Sisco vs LHP?  Seems like we’d get a tired, overexposed Sisco. 

Catchers need days off. We better understand that because AR will only be playing I40 games a year. If we’re smart. 

I'm all for days off, but I want to know if Sisco can hit LHP. I hate how Buck rode Wieters into the ground.

Maybe that is in the cards for 2020. 

21 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

For what it’s worth, Sisco had a .957 OPS vs. LHP in Norfolk this year.   

However, I’m in favor of giving Severino the lion’s share of the playing time vs. LHP.    He’s raked against them (.920 OPS) and deserves to play a good amount.   Heck, in this weather I wouldn’t want my catcher behind the plate three days in a row.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

For what it’s worth, Sisco had a .957 OPS vs. LHP in Norfolk this year.   

However, I’m in favor of giving Severino the lion’s share of the playing time vs. LHP.    He’s raked against them (.920 OPS) and deserves to play a good amount.   Heck, in this weather I wouldn’t want my catcher behind the plate three days in a row.   

I'm not convinced that small sample size suggests he can hit lefties. While something has changed dramatically from last year, he still doesn't look comfortable against major league lefties. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not convinced that small sample size suggests he can hit lefties. While something has changed dramatically from last year, he still doesn't look comfortable against major league lefties. 

I agree, SSS.   I just think he did enough to earn a few at bats against LHP here and there.   But as I said, Severino has been very good vs. LHP so it really doesn’t make sense to sit him against them.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Let's see if this is just more than a "hot month" for Sisco and a "career year" for Severino first before calling them "serviceable", and having to decide their fate.

o

Injuries Update, Sisco's Slump, Tate's Relief

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/08/updating-injuries-siscos-slump-tates-relief-and-more.html

o

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Tough break for Sisco today. Saying that, he's slashing .178/.259/.192/.451 with one XBH and a 5-26 BB-K ratio in his 81 second half PAs. 

Watched the entire game today.  Between being bean bagged and the collision at the plate, I would shut him down for the year and let him rest and get ready for next year.