Could we see changes to MASN? Please?

interloper

Just now, jrobb21613 said:

I’m not sure but if he does it would be more than he ever made as a player. Him winning an Emmy a couple years ago Im sure earned him earn a little more money. I really enjoy listening to him and his insight. He’s one of the best imo.

Because he would not make a million with MASN. The would however give him airtime to develop and pay for his own show, recruit advertisers, and spend part of his show promoting them. Keeping the lion's share of their support. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I’m not sure but if he does it would be more than he ever made as a player. Him winning an Emmy a couple years ago Im sure earned him earn a little more money. I really enjoy listening to him and his insight. He’s one of the best imo.

Not sure how accurate the facts are on this link. I mean, I get he doesn't have to worry about paying his mortgage and food on the table.

But, 90 million, net worth

https://www.thesquander.com/billy-ripken-net-worth-2018-what-baseball-player-worth-2003087585

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I know sometimes, when a parent dies, even if the other is living, some inheritances are sent to help escape the tax man, but still. I doubt Daddy sent that much.

Right and Sr’s money would of been split up. wonder if he has vested interest with Cal in Aberdeen?

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I know sometimes, when a parent dies, even if the other is living, some inheritances are sent to help escape the tax man, but still. I doubt Daddy sent that much.

I looked it up and he is partners with Cal in Ripken baseball which owns three minor league teams plus he’s wrote a handful of books but I’m sure most earnings today come from Ripken baseball. I’d love to have Billy here but not sure if it’s realistic I’m sure he likes the flexibility of covering all of Mlb just not one team. 

9 minutes ago, JourneyFan said:

Hell, I'd settle for something as simple as changing the damn music. It's been the same theme since the station's inception. And it's terrible.

So. just as an aside. 

We know that Roch and someone who informs Roch read this website. Britt told me she was "super humbled by the appreciation thread "

You would be surprised by who reads this place, but I do doubt that John Angelos spends much time here. 

Here is a contact page.

Here are some Email addresses

Be proactive and let them know your ideas. 

I think this is a great topic for discussion. MASN has probably been due for a shakeup for quite some time. Honestly, I don't watch anything on MASN but games, but given the comment earlier about how MASN is intended to be a barebones operation, that's probably by design. 

I guess I do watch a little more than just games. I occasionally watch some of the postgame shows and Wall to Wall Baseball on some weekends. I would love to pay more attention to some of that stuff outside of games, but it's just not that compelling to me right now.

It's a double edged sword. I assume they were running things pretty lean to maximize profits, but if you created more compelling programming outside of games, that would likely lead to more viewers and subsequently more advertising. I think most of the ads on MASN are for MASN, so that does not exactly drive profit.

I love the suggestion earlier about some Cespedes Family BBQ types to do some features on pregame or postgame programming. Make the programming more entertaining. Maybe do some E60-type pieces that go beyond the typical dugout interview stuff. So many players, coaches and staff members have great stories, but we do not necessarily hear about them. But that would require more flexibility and investment for production. 

So much of MASN's programming is just bland and stale. And again, that's probably by design. But I think there is so much more potential there.  

Don't get me wrong, I love and respect most of the folks they have on air, and there is probably could still be a spot for most of them in some capacity. But I think some new energy and ideas from an on camera and behind the scenes perspective would be refreshing. Especially with the shift in direction with the on field product. 

From my perspective, I'd keep Gary and Jim, but just about anything else would be subject to potential change.     

Archived