Could we see changes to MASN? Please?

interloper

2 hours ago, weams said:

So. just as an aside. 

We know that Roch and someone who informs Roch read this website. Britt told me she was "super humbled by the appreciation thread "

You would be surprised by who reads this place, but I do doubt that John Angelos spends much time here. 

Here is a contact page.

Here are some Email addresses

Be proactive and let them know your ideas. 

I wrote about the streaming issue.  I know they received it because I use Yesware and they opened it.  

I encourage you guys to do the same.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also wrote to MASN about a year ago about streaming.  I was basically lied to, being told that MLB does not allow games to be streamed through other carriers.  When I replied that NESN and Red Sox games were available on PS Vue, I was assured it would just be for spring training games and replays, but no live games.  So much for that.

1 hour ago, Smilin' Joe Fission said:

I also wrote to MASN about a year ago about streaming.  I was basically lied to, being told that MLB does not allow games to be streamed through other carriers.  When I replied that NESN and Red Sox games were available on PS Vue, I was assured it would just be for spring training games and replays, but no live games.  So much for that.

I doubt you were being lied to. You might want to revisit that all. I'm not the legal eagle to determine. 

10/16/2017 - 01:16pm

I just got off the phone with Support. They confirmed that NESN is no longer part of their channel lineup. They did mention NESN National being available but that is for viewers outside the local market for the Red Sox and the Bruins. That is why you only get the local pre and post game shows. The games for out of market come from MLB.com and NHL.com. So everyone that lives in the local market is out of luck. 

I appears to be an outside the market thing with MLBTV agreement . PS Vue evidently operates as a content delivery  system.  Just like Cable or Satellite. 

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I cut the cord last year and figuring out how to watch the Orioles was the biggest pain in the ass.  I've got PSVue and hardly watch any of the channels.  I can honestly say I don't miss having cable with a billion channels.  PSVue is great, I can watch football games and NBA/Wizarrds in the winter/fall.  No yearly commitment, month to month payments, get a decent amount of channels.  

But not having MASN streaming through something like PSVue or is inexcusable.  I think the Orioles/Nationals are one of three teams (IIRC, the Dodgers being the other one) that don't have agreements to stream their broadcasts.  It's f'ing stupid.  

So last season I signed up for MLB.TV (which is great),  had to get a VPN to block my IP address and get around the blackout (which sucked because it didn't always work) and it was a giant hassle.  I don't feel like doing that again.  

I am hoping by the time we are competitive again that stupid blackout rule is gone.  In the meantime I won't be watching a lot of games. Just keeping a close eye on how things are progressing.  I find it hard to watch my favorite team when there is no hope for post season birth.

20 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

I am hoping by the time we are competitive again that stupid blackout rule is gone.  In the meantime I won't be watching a lot of games. Just keeping a close eye on how things are progressing.  I find it hard to watch my favorite team when there is no hope for post season birth.

I think a lot of folks feel like that. But HEck, they filled Wrigley for 100 years and Fenway was always sold out. So it must be something else!

1 hour ago, weams said:

I suppose, in either case, MASN won't be a good play for a while. Nats won't be better, Orioles will be the worst team again. 

You know, I watched tons of lousy Orioles’ baseball on TV from 1998-2011.    I watched almost every night.   But last year’s team fell out of it so fast, after years of being in the race into September, that I just couldn’t deal with it.   And they just never heated up, even for a couple of weeks.     Frankly, the team disgusted me.

I’d bet almost anything that I’ll watch twice as often next year, since I’m prepared for all the losing and will just focus on watching how the younger players develop.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

You know, I watched tons of lousy Orioles’ baseball on TV from 1998-2011.    I watched almost every night.   But last year’s team fell out of it so fast, after years of being in the race into September, that I just couldn’t deal with it.   And they just never heated up, even for a couple of weeks.     Frankly, the team disgusted me.

I’d bet almost anything that I’ll watch twice as often next year, since I’m prepared for all the losing and will just focus on watching how the younger players develop.  

You know? I did too. But we got used to the winning. It will take a few years of really bad losing for folks to just watch anyway again like we all did after 1998.

Archived