The Pitching

Frobby

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

1) It is straight as an arrow.

2) it is your only pitch.

That might do it.

I guess so.  I've seen a number of indy league games and most of the pitchers look like 29-year-old junkballers who might be able to dial it up to 90 before the bailing wire and duct tape snaps.  I would have thought even a straight 102 in indy ball would result in 17 K/9 and kids fleeing their host family for a less terrifying job at Home Depot.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I guess so.  I've seen a number of indy league games and most of the pitchers look like 29-year-old junkballers who might be able to dial it up to 90 before the bailing wire and duct tape snaps.  I would have thought even a straight 102 in indy ball would result in 17 K/9 and kids fleeing their host family for a less terrifying job at Home Depot.

The guys who could throw 102 were not working at Red Lobster after the games. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, zjsmith said:

Interloper, why?

Because the quote above basically reads "I'm old, and I know better than these daggum youngins.  Baseball today ain't like it was in my day, when men were men.  The only changes that go on in this here world are loafers and lollygaggers trying ever harder to cover for laziness and stupidity which never seem in short supply nowadays."

Archived