What free agents should we sign?

jrobb21613

6 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Adam Jones:)

You gotta let things percolate...

Or coordinate.

I will beat @wildcardto the punch and say Iglesias. 

I'd go with Yasmani Grandal or Wilson Ramos at catcher.  Or any catcher that's got a lot of veteranosity and can help young pitchers along and can hit a little.  

Honestly, looking at the list there's no one I'd be really excited about the Orioles signing.  There are some nice big ticket items out there but we're not playing in that market, at least not yet.  We're looking for placeholders while the kids in the farm system develop.  I will say I hope Elias takes a defensive route in signing some guys this offseason, last years defense was just absolutely terrible to watch.  And if we are going to have to roll the dice with young pitching these next few years, better put some guys behind them that can catch the ball.  

The Os should attempt to sign Jose Iglesias. He would really solidify the Os infield, and provide quality defense for the Os young pitching. Also, he would not be blocking any prospects coming through thesystem as the Os don't have a ss prospect within acoupleyears offering ready for the major leagues

16 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

The Os should attempt to sign Jose Iglesias. He would really solidify the Os infield, and provide quality defense for the Os young pitching. Also, he would not be blocking any prospects coming through thesystem as the Os don't have a ss prospect within acoupleyears offering ready for the major leagues

But don't you think he'd be blocked by Richie Martin?   ;)

I don't think the Orioles really go after anyone hard. I think we'll see a couple signings come February or so on low dollar contracts (in addition to the minor league deals throughout the winter). We ultimately likely add an arm or two and a middle infielder.

16 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I don't think the Orioles really go after anyone hard. I think we'll see a couple signings come February or so on low dollar contracts (in addition to the minor league deals throughout the winter). We ultimately likely add an arm or two and a middle infielder.

I still think Mike will get the payroll under 65 by opening day. 

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What's Davis + 24 * MLB minimum?  Roughly $32M?  That's a good target.  Since we know they can stomach $150M, that should give us $118M for development, right?  Right?

He'd have to move guys like Cobb, Trumbo, and Cashner by OD for this to happen.  Not impossible but I think pretty unlikely.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What's Davis + 24 * MLB minimum?  Roughly $32M?  That's a good target.  Since we know they can stomach $150M, that should give us $118M for development, right?  Right?

That was before the S.S. MLB Lawsuit sunk. 

5 minutes ago, Aglets said:

He'd have to move guys like Cobb, Trumbo, and Cashner by OD for this to happen.  Not impossible but I think pretty unlikely.

They'd have to eat a lot of salary.  I was skeptical of that Trumbo deal and he's now going to be 33 and paid $13.5M to be an okay DH, if we're lucky.  I was skeptical of Cashner, too and he's been miserable.

I guess there's some hope Cobb pitches well enough to be traded, but pitching for a terrible team in a HR park in the biggest HR era isn't really the way to build value. I don't think the 1930 Phils and 2000 Rockies were really shipping out their arms for prospects.

Archived