Parker Bridwell DFA’d

jrobb21613

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jokes aside, Bridwell might not be a bad look.  We did pass on him in December but I feel like that was while Elias was just getting installed and up and running.  Now that we've been seeing him make some moves, think he'd take a second look?

I agree with @theoceanthat if Mike Wright has a place on this team, there's a spot for ANYBODY.  No one should be safe, outside of Bundy, Cobb, Givens.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Why not do this? I'm sure there's quite a few candidates on the 40 we could do without. You could then try to slip him through waivers later if a better player becomes available.

There are a lot of Parker Bridwells in the world.  The only reason we even noticed this one's back-page transactions is that he used to be an Oriole farmhand.

The issue with "if a better player becomes available" is that there are constantly guys available who grade out at a 45 +/- 10.  You don't drop one of your 45-ish players for another, you're not even sure who's better.  The 60s are all locked up.

39 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There are a lot of Parker Bridwells in the world.  The only reason we even noticed this one's back-page transactions is that he used to be an Oriole farmhand.

The issue with "if a better player becomes available" is that there are constantly guys available who grade out at a 45 +/- 10.  You don't drop one of your 45-ish players for another, you're not even sure who's better.  The 60s are all locked up.

What type of backpage transactions has Bridwell been doing?  I thought that site was shut down?

53 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

And because Ms. Bridwell gave FROBBY the real bidness. 

I was a Parker fan when he was here and bad. 

Ms. Bridwell though Park was gonna show us all. 

It's really hard to be one of the 800 and the Bid was for a minute.

4 minutes ago, weams said:

And because Ms. Bridwell gave FROBBY the real bidness. 

I was a Parker fan when he was here and bad. 

Ms. Bridwell though Park was gonna show us all. 

It's really hard to be one of the 800 and the Bid was for a minute.

When Bridwell was DFA here, his mother sent me a PM stating that she hadn’t been the one who sent the offending post (several years back) and someone else had used her account for that without her consent.    I assume that’s true, and even if not, I’m not going to hold a grudge because someone personally close to a player overreacted to something posted here.   

I leave it to Elias & Co. to sift through the waiver wire and decide who is an upgrade to what we have, or who might be upgraded by better coaching, analytics or whatever.   I don’t really have an opinion on whether Bridwell fits that description.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

When Bridwell was DFA here, his mother sent me a PM stating that she hadn’t been the one who sent the offending post (several years back) and someone else had used her account for that without her consent.    I assume that’s true, and even if not, I’m not going to hold a grudge because someone personally close to a player overreacted to something posted here.   

I leave it to Elias & Co. to sift through the waiver wire and decide who is an upgrade to what we have, or who might be upgraded by better coaching, analytics or whatever.   I don’t really have an opinion on whether Bridwell fits that description.  

I am very glad Ms. Bridwell did that. No grudges held. Parker is welcome back! Just like Bud Norris. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

On a completely tangent note, I had forgotten that Frank flat out fired Wetteland over shenanigans. 

Frank was always a good judge. 

Image result for frank robinson judge

1 minute ago, weams said:

Buick. Park Ave. Ultra. Supercharged. 2001. 

Nice car, my daughter had a 2003, non supercharged one.

I hit 120 a few times with my Monte Carlo SS, back in my younger days.

These days, with the po-po, anything over 15 MPH can become wreckless driver and stiff points and fines.

So even with my lead foot, i try not to hit 95, but I can't say, I haven't :)

11 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, they'll have first dibs. He does have a very high spin curveball (2800+ RPM) that he started throwing after he left the O's (I know @Moose Milligan needs to know about this). The problem is the pitch it almost breaks too late and has a tendency to hang so it's been a very ineffective pitch to this point. 

He used to throw that curve when he first came into the system, but it wasn't consistent and he basically scrapped it and went just with the slider. Don't know if that was on the Orioles recommendations or not.

Archived