Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Whatever.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly.  Nothing Davis says really matters right now.   He’ll either play better, or he won’t.   If he does, I might be interested in hearing how he did it.   Until then, I’m not interested.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I mean, maybe he doesn't want to say anything that'll let pitchers know how to attack him.  But he was such an easy out last year,  I don't think pitchers would really care.

I dont care what he needs to go to fix the problem.

Play with snakes

Find Jobu

Pick up knitting to relax his nerves, I dont care, just find something to get you back to what you used to be. :)

2014-Topps-Major-League-Prints-Jobu.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Even if he hits, at 33 he adds nothing to a rebuilding team. I can't wait until he's gone.

I don't agree with that at all.  If he can rebound and become replacement level, or dare I say it, above replacement level, maybe he contributes to them being an 85-90 loss team rather than a 95+ or even 100+ team.  It's at least something, and it'll make them a more interesting team to watch.  Plus I hope he's able to rebound just from a personal standpoint, it's tough to watch the guy struggle so much.  No, he won't be a contributing member of their next playoff contending team, and his value if he rebounds to some extent will still be far below what his contract justifies, but it would be more than nothing.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I totally agree, would rather root for him to do well, then for him to suck and be DFA.

Roch had this tidbit:

“There are a few adjustments that I’ve made. I don’t really want to get into the details,” Davis said while standing at his locker.

Sounds like a kid who's parent who asked him how his big paper is coming the night before it is due and the kid hasn't even started writing it yet. 

1 hour ago, esmd said:

I don't agree with that at all.  If he can rebound and become replacement level, or dare I say it, above replacement level, maybe he contributes to them being an 85-90 loss team rather than a 95+ or even 100+ team.  It's at least something, and it'll make them a more interesting team to watch.  Plus I hope he's able to rebound just from a personal standpoint, it's tough to watch the guy struggle so much.  No, he won't be a contributing member of their next playoff contending team, and his value if he rebounds to some extent will still be far below what his contract justifies, but it would be more than nothing.

I'd rather lose 100 and get the top draft pick again. 

16 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'd rather lose 100 and get the top draft pick again. 

I am so tired of bad baseball and I think we are in such a tough division that we are assured of a pretty high pick regardless, plus with the new FO, I think we can trust the process.

I want our guys to hustle and play well and win some games and bring some fans back, and I don’t want to tank completely just for another 1:1

I looked but could only find 2018 spring training stats which were poor. Does anyone know or know where I could find Spring stats for previous years that might suggest what a good spring would mean for davis like in 15 and 16 how Was his spring because those years he had good years? Would like to see evidence that would support what a good spring could mean for Davis.

45 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I looked but could only find 2018 spring training stats which were poor. Does anyone know or know where I could find Spring stats for previous years that might suggest what a good spring would mean for davis like in 15 and 16 how Was his spring because those years he had good years? Would like to see evidence that would support what a good spring could mean for Davis.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bal#playerType=ALL&elem=[object+Object]&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting&game_type='S'&season=2010&season_type=ANY&league_code='MLB'&sectionType=sp&statType=hitting&page=1&ts=1550926986754&sportCode='mlb'&split=&team_id=110&active_sw=&position=&page_type=SortablePlayer&sortOrder='desc'&sortColumn=avg&results=&perPage=50&timeframe=&last_x_days=&extended=0

• Thanks 1