Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 minute ago, temp19 said:

Second and third one out, Davis strikes out looking at all three pitches.  Does he even try? 

He looked at 5 pitches, actually.   Almost swung at two of them, had to check with the 3rd base ump twice.

Honestly the third strike was a slider away that was practically unhittable.   The one he really should have swung at was the 2nd ball, a fastball at the knees that could very well have been called strike 3.

Just now, SteveA said:

He looked at 5 pitches, actually.   Almost swung at two of them, had to check with the 3rd base ump twice.

Honestly the third strike was a slider away that was practically unhittable.   The one he really should have swung at was the 2nd ball, a fastball at the knees that could very well have been called strike 3.

Everything thrown at Davis is unhittable.

Just now, SteveA said:

The breaking ball was a meatball inner half. Should have gone 450 feet. 

36 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The thing that is totally astonishing to me is that, despite being 1 for 11 this spring with 7 strikeouts, his spring OPS is STILL higher than it was all of last regular season!

7 strike outs in 11 at bats?  Same old Davis we know and love. 

I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but has Davis really been to a top ophthalmologist?  Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins is supposed to good.

CTE? Or just washed up? 

If Elias really does have full control, I don’t see him putting up with Davis for more than a couple months. Unless Elias is trying to secure the number one pick in 2020.

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but has Davis really been to a top ophthalmologist?  Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins is supposed to good.

CTE? Or just washed up? 

If Elias really does have full control, I don’t see him putting up with Davis for more than a couple months. Unless Elias is trying to secure the number one pick in 2020.

I like how you are referring him to Hopkins.  I think if you need glasses or contacts you could go down to your local Pearl Vision Center or Lens Crafters and they could hook you up.   Its not like he needs a cornea transplant or has glaucoma.