Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

With Drew Jackson gone we are down to a 3 man bench.  Alberto, whatever catcher isn't starting, and one other guy.  That means vs lefties it is basically no longer possible to sit both Davis and Mullins , at least not without starting Alberto.

Between majors, minors and foreign leagues, Alberto has played 52 games at 1B. I'd be fine with starting him there. 

An outfield of Smith, Rickard and Mancini with Alberto at 1B and Nunez at DH leaves Mullins and Davis on the bench, along with a catcher.

4 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Between majors, minors and foreign leagues, Alberto has played 52 games at 1B. I'd be fine with starting him there. 

An outfield of Smith, Rickard and Mancini with Alberto at 1B and Nunez at DH leaves Mullins and Davis on the bench, along with a catcher.

I'm okay with that for now. Anything to take Davis off the field.

The sad truth is that Davis has had it.  He isn't coming back.  You don't go 1 for 54 and 0 for 38 with 21 K's if it's simply a "rough patch".  This guy led the league twice in HR's.  We can speculate on how he did that but now he can barely touch the ball.  He's done and the sooner management realizes that and cuts their losses, the better.  Right now, opponents only really need 23-24 outs to win because Davis is an auto-out.  It cannot continue.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

With Drew Jackson gone we are down to a 3 man bench.  Alberto, whatever catcher isn't starting, and one other guy.  That means vs lefties it is basically no longer possible to sit both Davis and Mullins , at least not without starting Alberto.

So Mullins time is short then?

Honestly, that last AB wasn’t bad.   Down 0-2, he laid off two high ones, fouled one off, then hit the ball hard but on a hop to the 1B.    Didn’t work out but I was pleased to see him make solid contact and not either flail at a pitch outside the zone or watch a strike go by.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Only Chris Davis can hit a rally-killing double play ball, and get an RBI fielder's choice out of it ........ he just has that kind of charm surrounding him.

o

2 minutes ago, connja said:

He didn't strike out.

o

He also has 2 more RBI's than Caleb Joseph had for the entire 2016 season, and the team hasn't even played 10 games yet.

o