Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, that last AB wasn’t bad.   Down 0-2, he laid off two high ones, fouled one off, then hit the ball hard but on a hop to the 1B.    Didn’t work out but I was pleased to see him make solid contact and not either flail at a pitch outside the zone or watch a strike go by.

So Davis pulled a ground out into the shift and we are praising it?  

9 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Like marriage in West Virginia. ?

That is not fair, the next thing you know, some guy will say that you shouldn't pick on West Virgina.  Then someone else will say yeah, I mean that's where they invented the toothbrush.  And then someone will say how do you know that the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia.  And then some wise guy will inevitably say....

Because if it had been invented anywhere else, it would have ben called a teethbrush.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, atomic said:

So Davis pulled a ground out into the shift and we are praising it?  

It may be self-delusion, but to me Davis looked different, and better, in that AB. And even though Chapman was in nowhere near his top form, I wouldn't think that the prospect of facing him in a pressure situation was a confidence-builder.

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

He's put the ball in play two ABs in a row. This could be the beginning of a new streak.

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

It may be self-delusion, but to me Davis looked different, and better, in that AB. And even though Chapman was in nowhere near his top form, I wouldn't think that the prospect of facing him in a pressure situation was a confidence-builder.

Historically he's been a streaky hitter.  Maybe this is what his hot streaks look like now?  Not completely lost and making occasional contract.

• Upvote 2