Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

7 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I get your point, but your examples are terrible.  Kakes and Jones are beloved ex Orioles who people glow about.  Wieters was always loved, but he just never lived up to the enormous expectations.  Britton got a standing ovation when he was announced on Opening Day at Camden Yards.  Tillman is the only one who might fit your description, but even Tilly is highly remembered for some good years in Baltimore.  

None of those players are beloved on here and most of you guys  were happy they left.   I remember arguing with everyone about Markakis.  Even Weams was saying he wouldn't be good for more than a year. Read what people say about Jones and Wieters on here.  

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

Tiny sample, but so far this year Davis' Exit Velocity, Launch Angle, and Barrel % are all in his 2015-2016 range:

2namvpv.png

His exit velocity wasn't particularly great for power hitters in those years, imo, but I'm not well versed on this either. Where's the power this year?  Does this infer he's not as strong? Just asking.

2 minutes ago, nate22 said:

His exit velocity wasn't particularly great for power hitters in those years, imo, but I'm not well versed on this either. Where's the power this year?  Does this infer he's not as strong? Just asking.

The red highlight indicates above average for MLB. So the exit velocity seems low but it's an average of all balls struck. So ML average looks to be around 88 or so. 

We sure have run the gamut on all of the dumb,  ridiculous "theories" that only the sharpest of fans could provide that is for sure. Steroids! (always been huge power guy, still is) Adderall! (I guess we have some young fans that don't realize he had one of his best years AFTER that situation was long over with might want to check the 2015 .923 OPS with 47 HR and 5.3 WAR, 2nd best of his career stat line. Not on adderall) He doesn't care anymore after the contract! (now we can read minds, a tried and true method of getting to the bottom of anything)

Maybe he just sucks now and there aren't any "conspiracies" involved. Ever think of that? Does it even matter? 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Has the Elias "intervention" begun? The Edgertronic is set up.

I see he is not in the starting line up tonight.  I think it would be a good idea to give him a couple weeks off to work with this technology and the coaches to figure some things out.