Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Grab the pitchforks if he's hitting like this and still here after the ASB.

He's hitting .083 and striking out in 50% of his plate appearances.  If he's doing that and playing regularly at the ASB he needs to stay in the lineup through the bitter end, in the name of science.  I want to say I was there the year Chris Davis went 48-for-600 with 322 strikeouts.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's hitting .083 and striking out in 50% of his plate appearances.  If he's doing that and playing regularly at the ASB he needs to stay in the lineup through the bitter end, in the name of science.  I want to say I was there the year Chris Davis went 48-for-600 with 322 strikeouts.

Dabble in any S&M, Drungo?  Sheesh.

6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Davis might actually fake an injury to go on the DL if it gets that bad or better yet retire.

10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Don't have Buck this year...

32 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Grab the pitchforks if he's hitting like this and still here after the ASB.

If Davis stinks it up, then I will be beyond disappointed if he's playing after the ASB. It will definitely be pitchfork time. 

3 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I don't think having Davis in the lineup is going to hurt this team much over the next couple of months -- kind of a Bobby McGee situation -- unless giving him ABs and watching him flail away at breaking balls or watch strikes poured over the heart of the plate is somehow dispiriting to younger players, and I have no way of knowing that. 

I do think giving Davis playing time at 1B will hold the team back from what I think it should be trying to accomplish. I want to see how Mancini handles 1B defensively (on, I hope, a concentrate-on-playing-1B- you're-an-OFer-on-an-emergency-only basis). As the season goes on, there will other defensively limited guys I'd like to see tried at first. Let Davis DH. Unless he shows some offensive improvement, I would hate to see him get in the way of those defensive fact-finding missions.

That seems reasonable. Also, have him hit 8th or 9th and sit against the occasional LHP. If he somehow regains his confidence, he can earn his way back to every day/middle of the order.

Archived