July 24: Part 2 vs. Jays

THELTSHOW

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha!

O's fans say "Brilliant baserunning by AJ".

TOR fans say "Oh, this is too depressing to watch anymore. What an infriggingexcusable mistake! By a vet!!! Our GM *better* make some MAJOR moves any day now!"

I'm not watching the game... What have been some of the mistakes?

Cabrera hitting batters, Payton missing the cutoff man and allowing an extra base, Millar throwing the ball over Ramon Hernandez' head, Ramon Hernandez inability to throw anyone out ever....

So far, that's it. I'm sure there will be more, though.

Ha!

O's fans say "Brilliant baserunning by AJ".

TOR fans say "Oh, this is too depressing to watch anymore. What an infriggingexcusable mistake! By a vet!!! Our GM *better* make some MAJOR moves any day now!"

You're not sick of seeing Jay Payton miss cutoff men and Daniel Cabrera hit batters when he's ahead in the count?

Jones is starting to impress me with everything he does. It pays to have a young player want to learn and actually apply those lessons. I wish we had more players like that or at least demonstrate some of those characteristics.

You're not sick of seeing Jay Payton miss cutoff men and Daniel Cabrera hit batters when he's ahead in the count?

Sure I am. So what?

Halladay's hit, what 10 or 11 guys? Rolen screws up at 3B too. So what?

Look, Payton won't be here next year, and it's just the 3rd inning and we're only down by 2.

story of o's power pitching.

1. Do not locate. If you did, you'd be too good.

2. Fall behind in the count, this way you have no control on your game.

3. Make sure once there are 3 balls to throw it right down the middle, because that seems to be easy for them.

4. Lose game.

Sure I am. So what?

Halladay's hit, what 10 or 11 guys? Rolen screws up at 3B too. So what?

Look, Payton won't be here next year, and it's just the 3rd inning and we're only down by 2.

So, I felt the need to voice my frustration on an Orioles related message board.

Now we're down by 3. At least it wasn't a walk that scored this time....

I like Thorne OK, but I really wish he would look at the monitor before he says where the pitch was.

He's always saying things like "it was inside" when it was really high.

Where he's sitting, he's got no hope of getting it right without looking at the TV monitor.

Cabrera hitting batters, Payton missing the cutoff man and allowing an extra base, Millar throwing the ball over Ramon Hernandez' head, Ramon Hernandez inability to throw anyone out ever....

So far, that's it. I'm sure there will be more, though.

Hernandez has the toughest job in baseball. He gets blamed for everything - EVEN WHEN HE ISN'T PLAYING.

now we see what happens when an OF hits the cutoff man. poor execution on the rundown though
Why was it poor execution?

Game day said it was Markakis to Huff to Castro to Roberts. So Huff cuts off the throw and gets it to Castro. One throw and they have the out. Sounds like a good rundown to me (unlike the one the blue jays had with Mora the other night where there were 3-4 throws).

Was gameday wrong?

Archived