TT: Roster takes shape less than a week out (Roster prediction)

Tony-OH

Just now, bobmc said:

No I hadn't read the Trezza note above yours and thought it was still in limbo.  It looks like Chance will be sent down.  I'm sorry to hear that.  We don't need any dang Natitude!

Lol I know the Haters:) it’s cool:)

but I think Severino is a real nice waiver wire grab and I would send Chance down to get a looksee at him. I would not try to seek him through waivers. Just my .02

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Lol I know the Haters:) it’s cool:)

but I think Severino is a real nice waiver wire grab and I would send Chance down to get a looksee at him. I would not try to seek him through waivers. Just my .02

Just to clarify - I'm not a hater.  I knew Ryan Z when he was a pup playing 3B for the Nats.  I had partial season tix and saw them at RFK, like I had seen the former Nats before them.  I was in DC when Ted Williams was manager for the Nats years back.  It's cool to latch on to a winner so I'm not hating on you either.  The new Nats have run their organization well and made some good decisions but haven't reached their final glory yet.  Perhaps this year?  But "Natitude"?  No

23 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Just to clarify - I'm not a hater.  I knew Ryan Z when he was a pup playing 3B for the Nats.  I had partial season tix and saw them at RFK, like I had seen the former Nats before them.  I was in DC when Ted Williams was manager for the Nats years back.  It's cool to latch on to a winner so I'm not hating on you either.  The new Nats have run their organization well and made some good decisions but haven't reached their final glory yet.  Perhaps this year?  But "Natitude"?  No

Relocated to DC & love both teams just get  more attached as you go to more games. I am very happy they didn’t resign Harper!:)

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I understand they are not going to be competitive this year but isn't this taking things a bit far?

In what sense? Sisco’s defense has always been bad. If the emphasis is on defense over offense, it makes sense to keep the better defenders unless Sisco’s offense is really outstanding. I haven’t been monitoring Sisco’s opponent quality, but sending him down isn’t an unteasonable move.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

In what sense? Sisco’s defense has always been bad. If the emphasis is on defense over offense, it makes sense to keep the better defenders unless Sisco’s offense is really outstanding. I haven’t been monitoring Sisco’s opponent quality, but sending him down isn’t an unteasonable move.

I disagree.

You have a player who was up in 2017 and 2018.  Had some sort of issue with the manager.  You tell everyone it's a competition in spring training, he rakes, doesn't look terrible on defense and you send him down anyway.

I think it sends a terrible message to the young players, even worse than when they sent Hays down.

Obviously the team emphasis isn't on defense, have you been following the game this spring? 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I disagree.

You have a player who was up in 2017 and 2018.  Had some sort of issue with the manager.  You tell everyone it's a competition in spring training, he rakes, doesn't look terrible on defense and you send him down anyway.

I think it sends a terrible message to the young players, even worse than when they sent Hays down.

Obviously the team emphasis isn't on defense, have you been following the game this spring? 

Your rebuttal would be valid if it had not already happened with several other players who were also having fine Springs. Sisco  is not being singled out. Yes, the defense during spring has been much improved. Most of the lapses have come from guys with known bad defense or Fringe players Who weren’t going to make the team anyway. We’ve seen some annoying mental lapses, but they’ve been rare enough that we can chalk them up to just that, distressing as each one is.

Looking at the catching, if things remain as expected, then it’s very obvious that the focus will be on defense, and that’s OK. I remain confused as to why Mancini is still shambling around in left field, but that’s the only really Glaring problem on defense.

So no, I don’t think sending Sisco down is a bad move, And it is not out of line with the other moves that have been made.

3 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I agree with CoC. This is a perfect season to give a few of the young players a few months of playing time rather than watch retreads that more than likely aren't better. At some point you have to see what they can do.

I would play as many young players as possible. I saw enough of the retreads and career minor leaguers last year.

If the young players play, I’ll watch even if they lose 100+ games. I’m not going to tune in for players past their prime or never had one.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I disagree.

I agree wit this. I also think Elias needs to be a bit more subtle in the blatant tank job that he's working on this season. That's why Sisco and Hays were sent down. It has more to do with wanting to lose (and secure another #1 pick) than it does with anyone else. I get the approach, but Elias better start thinking about how they're going to sell tickets this year. Right now there's not a single reason for me to want to watch this team and I'm a die hard fan. Imagine what the casual fan thinks. 

38 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would play as many young players as possible. I saw enough of the retreads and career minor leaguers last year.

If the young players play, I’ll watch even if they lose 100+ games. I’m not going to tune in for players past their prime or never had one.

I think the problem is Elias is afraid they won't lose 100 games if they play the young players. 

Archived