Paul Fry - O's first "Opener"

wildcard

Per Roch:

Left-hander Paul Fry will make his first spring start Sunday in the split-squad game against the Phillies in Clearwater. Gabriel Ynoa had been listed, but Fry actually will work an inning or two before Ynoa replaces him.

Perhaps this is a sign that Fry is a candidate to serve as an “opener” if the Orioles choose to go that route.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/03/notes-on-sucre-wynns-roster-rogers-and-more.html

44 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He has been one of their best relievers this Spring that it on the 40.

But I don't know why ELSE Ynoa is moved back. Unless they want to see how Ynoa does in a "relief" role?

FTFY the bolded. And irrelevant to Ynoa, it could just be to see Fry as a possible opener as Roch speculated. Opener for someone else? I have NO idea their plans for Ynoa.

Gonna be an interesting next few days! :excited:

24 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Let's see if this an "opener" thing or not. If he only goes one inning, then that's what I would think. If he goes two or three it could mean nothing.

Majority of the Orioles starting rotation might be "openers" if the definition is a pitcher who starts the game and pitches less than three full innings. 

Archived