Hundreds of Opening Day Tickets available now

fansince1988

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Um, didn't Elias come out and say directly yesterday that we rushed some guys' development in the past?  Specifically naming Sisco and Hays?

I would say that was a direct criticism of the previous regime.

I’d have to go back a look at the quotes, but I don’t think he said anything directly about what the old regime had done.   

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d have to go back a look at the quotes, but I don’t think he said anything directly about what the old regime had done.   

See above.  I should have included the quote in the other post probably.

14 minutes ago, Aglets said:

See above.  I should have included the quote in the other post probably.

Yeah, I guess that could be construed as criticism.   

Truth is, every player is different.    Sisco had just about a full year at every level, so I’m not sure what more you’d want.   

Low A - 114 games, 478 PA

Hi A - 75 games, 300 PA

AA - 132 games, 568 PA

AAA (before his major league debut) - 101 games, 406 PA

I wouldn’t really call that rushed.   Elias pick Carlos Correa played 62 games of A+, 29 games of AA and 24 games of AAA before coming to the majors.    Alex Bregman player a grand total of 146 games in the minors.    Obviously those were very high picks, but that just reinforces the point that every player is different. 

I mean it's entirely possible that Elias is just blowing smokescreens at us and it's more about service time manipulation (which he simply cannot say).   That is very possible, and I might even say likely.

Sisco hasn't really torn up AAA though in his time there.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I mean it's entirely possible that Elias is just blowing smokescreens at us and it's more about service time manipulation (which he simply cannot say).   That is very possible, and I might even say likely.

Sisco hasn't really torn up AAA though in his time there.

Who has since Reimold?

1 minute ago, Orioles1954 said:

I'm actually fascinated to see the attendance at some of those mid-week Tampa home games. I actually might go to one just to have a section to myself.

The Orioles are currently scheduled to have only ONE home game against Tampa this year that is NOT on a Friday-Sunday.  It's in August.    Wonder if the schedule makers were trying to throw us a bone here?    That could explain all the early Yankee games?   idk

We have some early mid-week games against Oakland that might set some all time attendance records, excluding the games when fans were banned.

Just now, Aglets said:

The Orioles are currently scheduled to have only ONE home game against Tampa this year that is NOT on a Friday-Sunday.  It's in August.    Wonder if the schedule makers were trying to throw us a bone here?    That could explain all the early Yankee games?   idk

We have some early mid-week games against Oakland that might set some all time attendance records, excluding the games when fans were banned.

I think the schedule is way too complicated for them to be worrying about what day of the week the Rays come to visit.

6 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Rickard has done well there.   Nunez.

Rickard- 621 OPS in 13 games in 2017 and a 796 over 44 games last year.  I wouldn't call that "tearing it up".

Nunez, 804 OPS over 56 games eh... I wouldn't call that "tearing it up" for a corner guy.

I'd be OK with done well.

The last guy I have seen go down there and really put up numbers was Nolan.

2 minutes ago, Orioles1954 said:

I'm actually fascinated to see the attendance at some of those mid-week Tampa home games. I actually might go to one just to have a section to myself.

7,915 was last year’s low.    I think this year’s low will be in the 6,500 range.    The O’s had 7 games last year where they drew under 10,000 fans and this year I’d guess it’ll happen about 15 times.   

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I guess that could be construed as criticism.   

Truth is, every player is different.    Sisco had just about a full year at every level, so I’m not sure what more you’d want.   

Low A - 114 games, 478 PA

Hi A - 75 games, 300 PA

AA - 132 games, 568 PA

AAA (before his major league debut) - 101 games, 406 PA

I wouldn’t really call that rushed.   Elias pick Carlos Correa played 62 games of A+, 29 games of AA and 24 games of AAA before coming to the majors.    Alex Bregman player a grand total of 146 games in the minors.    Obviously those were very high picks, but that just reinforces the point that every player is different. 

I agree, every player is different. Sisco played basically a year at every level, that doesn't seem like rushed to me - but maybe he needs more time.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

7,915 was last year’s low.    I think this year’s low will be in the 6,500 range.    The O’s had 7 games last year where they drew under 10,000 fans and this year I’d guess it’ll happen about 15 times.   

If the weather is better, that should help them out. I'm no Marty Bass, but it seems like we should have some nice Spring days this year.

1 minute ago, theocean said:

If the weather is better, that should help them out. I'm no Marty Bass, but it seems like we should have some nice Spring days this year.

That’s very true.    Last year in DC  it rained 28 Saturdays — I assume Baltimore was about the same.   Three games were made up as single admission doubleheaders.    

Archived