One thing about Buck....

Frobby

...his Orioles teams were undefeated on Opening Day.    Even last year’s sorry team managed to win its first game before embarking on a five game losing streak that set the tone for the rest of the season.     We always had one day to feel good about the team.    I wonder what the odds are of winning on opening day this year?   Somewhere between 25-30%, I’d guess.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

...his Orioles teams were undefeated on Opening Day.    Even last year’s sorry team managed to win its first game before embarking on a five game losing streak that set the tone for the rest of the season.     We always had one day to feel good about the team.    I wonder what the odds are of winning on opening day this year?   Somewhere between 25-30%, I’d guess.   

I'm expecting Aaron Judge to set a new single-season home run record on opening day. They could be playing until Sunday, with the O's shut out.

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that's a pretty incredible stat, especially with the lack of an "ace" at any point during Buck's tenure. 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Wow, that's a pretty incredible stat, especially with the lack of an "ace" at any point during Buck's tenure. 

Buck's teams was the best in the AL for five years.

I know people like to kick the dude, he was far from perfect, but he was a good manager.

Archived