Today's lineup looks like the OD lineup to me

interloper

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Mancini didn't play much at all this spring. But they wanted to see how Mountcastle did at 1st and how Nunez and Ruiz handled first, incase they were needed and that is how they make the team. They know what they have with Mancini.

Do the Orioles know what kind of defensive first baseman Mancini is? I don't. He has looked shaky there at the MLB level, and I hoped a lot of that had to do with the distraction of trying to learn to play LF.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Do the Orioles know what kind of defensive first baseman Mancini is? I don't. He has looked shaky there at the MLB level, and I hoped a lot of that had to do with the distraction of trying to learn to play LF.

Trumbo light?

I know Spring Training is a small sample size. And I know it means nothing to Hyde and Elias. And I know Batting Avg is a meaningless stat now days. 

That being said, check this out... Final ST Batting Averages.

Martin .220

Villar .209

Davis .189

Mullins .151

Wait till these guys face ML pitching every day. 

35 minutes ago, Natty said:

I know Spring Training is a small sample size. And I know it means nothing to Hyde and Elias. And I know Batting Avg is a meaningless stat now days. 

That being said, check this out... Final ST Batting Averages.

Martin .220

Villar .209

Davis .189

Mullins .151

Wait till these guys face ML pitching every day. 

Villar has a .256 career avg and a 325 OBP in over 2000 ML at bats.   So I think that out weighs anything that happened in ST.    The other  three......

Archived