Rio Ruiz looks good!

Rene88

I think Núñez and Davis are both on borrowed time(latter some wishful thinking but he didn’t play today!). Been super impressed with Riuz’s defense. I was all for giving Núñez a looksee last year but his glove has too many holes. I would think his future with the Os is precarious and dependent on the waiver wire. 

3 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I think Núñez and Davis are both on borrowed time(latter some wishful thinking but he didn’t play today!). Been super impressed with Riuz’s defense. I was all for giving Núñez a looksee last year but his glove has too many holes. I would think his future with the Os is precarious and dependent on the waiver wire. 

Last year Davis batted in the top half of the order a large part of the season, and faced lots of lefties.

Just two games so far, but Hyde has Davis batting 7th vs a righty and sat him vs a lefty.   He's certainly not giving him the free pass that Buck did, where you can't be bad enough to be benched except for a few games in the middle of the season and the last few games of September.

So that's an improvement.   I imagine Long is working on things in the cage with Chris, and his playing time will be dependent on him doing what Long asks of him in terms of adjustments.   And then he still will play very little vs lefties and won't be in the top 5 in the order until/unless he earns it.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

I was noticing that several of Ruiz’ throws to first were very wide and a big stretch by Mancini was needed to make the play.

I hope he settles down, because he’s good at getting to the ball. He just needs to throw a little more accurately.

It is hard tosee how a part, bit role for Davis is not just going to be even worse.  If it is a prelude to releasing him, sure.  But his mindset certainly does not lend itself to being mentally tough coming into games in spots.  He is probably already sulking. 

8 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It is hard tosee how a part, bit role for Davis is not just going to be even worse.  If it is a prelude to releasing him, sure.  But his mindset certainly does not lend itself to being mentally tough coming into games in spots.  He is probably already sulking. 

Worse than pinch-hitting Davis in a crucial spot in a game and having him stare at strike three to end a game?

Archived