Upcoming TOR series - Jays threw 2 shutouts

Aglets

Granted it was against Detroit.  I'm sure they aren't exactly expected to go far this year.  But should we be extra concerned about the Jays pitching staff?  I know we face a rookie tonight right.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

You mean the starters? They did split with the Tigers. 

Thanks for the correction.  Not sure how I misread ESPN like that.  They got shut out, then threw 2 shutouts.

Still, they only allowed 6 runs in 4 games.  Pretty good against any team.

If I had any expectations for the year, then sure, I'd be concerned...but I don't. I expect a loss every night and just hope for a bright spot or two to take from it. With such a mindset, it's hard to find myself concerned at all.

34 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Granted it was against Detroit.  I'm sure they aren't exactly expected to go far this year.  But should we be extra concerned about the Jays pitching staff?  I know we face a rookie tonight right.

No. The Detroit offense is abysmal. Maybe worse than ours. If the Jays SPs are still producing after a few series with some of the other AL East teams then we can talk. That said, the Jays offense might be as bad as Detroit's so that's something to look forward to. 

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

We should be worried about basically every team, because we are mostly likely going to be the worst team. Lol. So I wouldn't stress too much about it. Let's just see what happens!

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Well, to be fair we didn't face Severino who's arguably their "best" pitcher. 

Well, is he? If he is hurt? Like Bundy. Or Cobb. Are they our "best" if they are hurt all the time?

35 minutes ago, weams said:

Well, is he? If he is hurt? Like Bundy. Or Cobb. Are they our "best" if they are hurt all the time?

Severino's coming off two straight season's of throwing 190+ innings so I don't really understand the logic in labeling him as injury prone. Now if you want to label Paxton as being injury prone then I'm completely fine with it because he's never thrown more than 160 innings in a season. 

30 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Tanaka has their biggest paycheck............just saying..................

So by that logic Chris Davis is our best player? Severino and Paxton are the Yankees best pitchers (when healthy) and it's a toss up between Tanaka and Happ for who is their third best. I wouldn't be surprised if Happ posted better numbers than Tanaka this season. 

Archived