Aruajuo stays for International Money

Legend_Of_Joey

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why else trade for it if you don't have a avenue to spend it?

Would be foolish.

So they have spent it?  I hadn't seen that they had.  I know the Orioles have signed some guys.  It seems to me that they couldn't come to terms with the shortstop and the Orioles haven't identified enough talent out there that would justify all of the money they are allotted.  I know it doesn't fit your narrative, but I've seen nothing that indicates that the Orioles are missing out on valuable talent that other teams are using the slot money received in trades from the Orioles to sign.  I would happily acknowledge your point were you to provide any evidence that this is indeed taking place.  Right now, though, I haven't seen anything showing that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

It's funny how Araujo's name gets more elaborately misspelled with each passing day.

First Aruajo. Then Arajuo. Now Aruajuo.

In a couple of months we're going to be asking, "How's ol' Auruajuao doing at Bowie?"

The Orioles announced today that right-hander Pedro Araujo was re-acquired after being returned to the Cubs. $750K of international bonus signing availability went to the Chicago organization in the deal, Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune tweets.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why else trade for it if you don't have a avenue to spend it?

Would be foolish.

That wasn't the question.   Waiting to hear who these teams we sent cap space to actually spend it on.   I assume that will be made public when it happens?   

42 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

It's funny how Araujo's name gets more elaborately misspelled with each passing day.

First Aruajo. Then Arajuo. Now Aruajuo.

In a couple of months we're going to be asking, "How's ol' Auruajuao doing at Bowie?"

That's why I call him Pedro.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, all of these other teams can spend the O's slots but somehow the O's aren't able to.

Who says we aren’t spending any? It was reported that we’d signed more guys in two months than in the previous year.   

Archived