Grayson Rodriguez 2019

WalkWithElias

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Hmmm. Seems like the type of players we should be targeting in a trade. Would our entire bullpen net one of them?

Actually the Braves could use a late inning reliever or 2 so... No.  :)

I guess one of Waters or Pache will eventually replace Markakis... but Nick keeps showing he can still play every day. Year after year, he gets the job done and never seems to need a rest.     

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

We will probably have four guys on that list at the end of the season: Rutschman, Rodriguez, Hall, and Mountcastle.

Diaz is on his way off. Hays will likely have graduated and even if he hasn’t may have too long a way to go to climb back on it. 

Kremer could be a dark horse for the top 100 if he finishes strong at Bowie/Norfolk. 

Whole half season left for both Díaz and Hays. Assuming he’s eligible I like Hays’ chances.

Adam Hall is my dark horse to sneak on with a decent showing in Frederick second half.

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

Whole half season left for both Díaz and Hays. Assuming he’s eligible I like Hays’ chances.

Adam Hall is my dark horse to sneak on with a decent showing in Frederick second half.

I don’t think they’ll promote Hall, even though he’s doing well.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think they’ll promote Hall, even though he’s doing well.  

Odds are you’re right, I’m just a big Hall fan boy.

I like the idea of promoting someone like him towards the end of the season so he can get a firm idea of what to work on in the offseason. 

11 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Odds are you’re right, I’m just a big Hall fan boy.

I like the idea of promoting someone like him towards the end of the season so he can get a firm idea of what to work on in the offseason. 

I really like Hall, too, but he's going to need to both cut down on the K's AND show a little pop - a difficult combination. He has a nearly .400 OBP, but is striking out nearly 27% of his at bats, which is almost exactly the same number as last season in Aberdeen. 

GrayRod is starting the Sally League all star game.   Allowed one single in his first inning of work, but endured some pretty long at bats, throwing 21 pitches.   Not sure if he’ll pitch any more tonight.    

Edit - he’s done.  

• Thanks 1

Grayson with a big move up to #54 in the top 100. Diaz down from #76 to #91 (the article says #98 but the list has him #91. Give him the benefit of the doubt). Mountcastle #56 and Hall #67. Interestingly, Victor Victor, whom everyone wanted, drops out after a .220 start.

https://www.mlb.com/news/updated-top-100-prospects-list-june-2019

10 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

I was talking top 75, I figure no more than 6-8 guys from the 2019 draft class could slot in above Hall at 67, even if every pick signed. Rutschman & Priester are the only top 50 locks, imo.

How is a HS pitcher picked 18th overall a lock to be top 50?  That makes no sense. 

And it's not like he dropped because of price.  He signed for slot. 

38 minutes ago, cacavolante said:

15 in a row. He is cruising tonight.

Ornery to still be in the Sally?  

From a competitive standpoint, hopefully he'll be content pushing for a league championship - I always feel like making Delmarva is a good sign for last year's high school seniors.  I think now that they've sent him back to Delmarva to open the 2nd half - I'd like to see him finish there, and if he blows the league away the full 5 months, maybe he earns consideration for a double jump next spring.

The Keys have made a quick hop into last place to start the second half, so will perhaps lag Delmarva a bit in July/August environment.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Ornery to still be in the Sally?  

From a competitive standpoint, hopefully he'll be content pushing for a league championship - I always feel like making Delmarva is a good sign for last year's high school seniors.  I think now that they've sent him back to Delmarva to open the 2nd half - I'd like to see him finish there, and if he blows the league away the full 5 months, maybe he earns consideration for a double jump next spring.

The Keys have made a quick hop into last place to start the second half, so will perhaps lag Delmarva a bit in July/August environment.

He was really good. 94-96. Worked fast.  They couldnt touch his curve.  Didnt see a hard hit ball after the first inning. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Only 60-plus pitches and he's out after 5. They are being ultra careful with his innings. He doesn't even have enough innings to be listed among the ERA leaders in the league on the MILB site. I hope it works out. I'd like to see him get a month in Frederick and maybe be able to get to Bowie by midseason in 2020.