Where are the owners?

atomic

2 minutes ago, billw76 said:

Why do the owners need to say anything? Hopefully they stay in the background and let Elias an his staff do their jobs without meddling like PA did.

I think it's pretty safe to say that just about every Orioles fan knew this team would be very bad for a few years, so the owners doing press conferences and whatever else trying to explain why the team is so bad is pretty pointless IMO. 

They won't at any point. The idea that they need to speak to this is not even a thing.  The only thing that you will ever need to hear from either Angelos is who has been named to the MLB controlling position for the team. Otherwise expect to keep hearing their wishes through the pen of Greg Bader. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

If I recall correctly, there used to be much complaining/hand-wringing for years about Peter Angelos "meddling", and/or not letting his GM's do their job ........ the OP of this thread suggests that the opposite of that is now the problem.

o

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

If I recall correctly, there used to be much complaining/hand-wringing for years about Peter Angelos "meddling", and/or not letting his GM's do their job ........ the OP of this thread suggests that the opposite of that is now the problem.

o

How does talking to the press represent meddling?  

I don't know why anyone bothers responding to the OP.  He's shown time and time again that he makes posts only to elicit some type of negative response.  He's a pure internet troll in every sense of the word. 

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

3 hours ago, atomic said:

How does talking to the press represent meddling?  

o

If you started a thread about wanting the owner(s) to talk to the press, you obviously want them to have some kind of influence on either the GM, the manager, or both. They are 9 games into the first season of a rebuild, and you are already calling for the owner(s) to step in and and call a press conference. 

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

If you started a thread about wanting the owner(s) to talk to the press, you obviously want them to have some kind of influence on either the GM, the manager, or both. They are 9 games into the first season of a rebuild, and you are already calling for the owner(s) to step in and and call a press conference. 

o

I want them to lay out the organizations plan.  So far it seems their only plan is to cut spending.  No one signed for even a million dollars a year. Cuban international players not a real attempt at signing.  Gausman trade.  Explain to us how things are going to be fixed.

This team has has looked really bad for the better part of a week. Time for some action. If the owners aren't going to fire Elias, and maybe Hyde too -- or at least put them on a short leash -- they should call a press conference to explain why they're being so damn patient. Oh, yeah, and they should trade Chris Davis. 

:rolleyes:

Archived