dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...

DocJJ

I know it will mean flushing $100 million dollars down a toilet, but can we release Davis and Wright once and for all?  I'm sure they are perfectly nice people and I don't wish them any ill will....   I just never, ever, want to see them play baseball in an Oriole uniform ever again.   Ever....

I  think Wright has reached the point where Hyde can't trust him any more.   Lucas up and Wright DFA'd is my guess.

I think Wright passed through waivers and is outrighted to Norfolk.   He   has never been outrighted before so he has to accept the assignment.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I  think Wright has reached the point where Hyde can't trust him any more.   Lucas up and Wright DFA'd is my guess.

I think Wright passed through waivers and is outrighted to Norfolk.   He   has never been outrighted before so he has to accept the assignment.

I would like it if the Gnats picked up Wright off of waivers, just to tick off Rene88.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I’d be shocked if Wright got claimed.   

13 hours ago, DocJJ said:

I know it will mean flushing $100 million dollars down a toilet, but can we release Davis and Wright once and for all?  I'm sure they are perfectly nice people and I don't wish them any ill will....   I just never, ever, want to see them play baseball in an Oriole uniform ever again.   Ever....

There are no dumb questions, only dumb contracts.

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d be shocked if Wright got claimed.   

I would too, yet Hart has been claimed, TWICE! Nothing against the guy personally, but he is unable to bring major league quality stuff to the mound consistently. I never believed the spring training hype some in the Baltimore media was spreading about his new found "confidence" and never believed in his stuff when I saw it this spring. He was the same guy as always, and that guy is not a good big league pitcher.

13 hours ago, DocJJ said:

I’m with you on that. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I would too, yet Hart has been claimed, TWICE! Nothing against the guy personally, but he is unable to bring major league quality stuff to the mound consistently. I never believed the spring training hype some in the Baltimore media was spreading about his new found "confidence" and never believed in his stuff when I saw it this spring. He was the same guy as always, and that guy is not a good big league pitcher.

Hart: 3.43 career ERA

Wright: 5.99 career ERA

Hart is mediocre and his career ERA quoted above is misleading because he’s gotten worse each year as the hitters have figured him out.    But he can still have some utility in a LOOGY role.    Wright’s never had utility in any role, just an occasional good game or two dotting an otherwise bad career.     He doesn’t really know where the ball is going and the speed differential between his pitches isn’t enough to throw off batters’ timing.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hart: 3.43 career ERA

Wright: 5.99 career ERA

Hart is mediocre and his career ERA quoted above is misleading because he’s gotten worse each year as the hitters have figured him out.    But he can still have some utility in a LOOGY role.    Wright’s never had utility in any role, just an occasional good game or two dotting an otherwise bad career.     He doesn’t really know where the ball is going and the speed differential between his pitches isn’t enough to throw off batters’ timing.   

You don't have to convince me that Wright is bad. :D

Archived