Attendance 2019

Frobby

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

They need to rethink many things. 

I get more costly prices on weekends but it is all relative. 

Sunday is a lot cheaper.  Looks like that a lot of the tickets sold are for the cheapest seats.  Probably a lot of people buying cheap seats and moving down.  

Just now, atomic said:

Sunday is a lot cheaper.  Looks like that a lot of the tickets sold are for the cheapest seats.  Probably a lot of people buying cheap seats and moving down.  

If you look at map the terrace box seats in left field are about gone. 

Issue is those people are pinned back underneath and on TV you can’t see them.  

When the lower bowl is filled in more out in the open it is such a better atmosphere at the game and it looks better on TV. 

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

They really need to market better to the business community.But they dont.Nothing much has changed on that with the sons. 

I was just floored the other Saturday when I went and all the skyboxes were empty. I know it was Easter weekend but it was a Saturday. 

How is the business community doing downtown? Are there as many businesses flourishing as years ago in relation?  

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If you look at map the terrace box seats in left field are about gone. 

Issue is those people are pinned back underneath and on TV you can’t see them.  

When the lower bowl is filled in more out in the open it is such a better atmosphere at the game and it looks better on TV. 

I don’t understand why people would buy those tickets.  The Orioles need to work on pricing.  If you have all the terrible seats sold but the good ones empty you are doing something wrong.  

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I was just floored the other Saturday when I went and all the skyboxes were empty. I know it was Easter weekend but it was a Saturday. 

How is the business community doing downtown? Are there as many businesses flourishing as years ago in relation?  

Well city has good things going and some really bad things Under Armour would be a good partner  I know they work somewhat with them Legg Mason pulled all signage from sports stadiums.That is why not above the scoreboard.Guiness would be a good partner The only brewery in the US is in Baltimore. The Orioles PA announcer works for them.Need Hopkins and other big healthcare employers.

Still not sure why they did away with holiday packs and just small packs.Even the Yankees have them Also teams are going to All Acess passes.But probably won't help that much.Tough to watch right now.

See, what really scares me is many people seem to think this is “plug and play” situation, where we will turn into Houston East just because we hired Elias and Sig. I am almost finished reading Astroball and what struck me was the statistics in downtown Houston growth by 2017. There were 18 Houston-based companies in the Fortune 500 in 2017. Does Baltimore have any? Plus, the population was booming, whereas I believe Baltimore’s is rapidly shrinking. 

I don’t want to believe Baltimore will lose the Orioles in 2023 to Vegas or Nashville or Portland, but it is becoming more and more difficult not to think about that very scenario playing out. 

7 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

See, what really scares me is many people seem to think this is “plug and play” situation, where we will turn into Houston East just because we hired Elias and Sig. I am almost finished reading Astroball and what struck me was the statistics in downtown Houston growth by 2017. There were 18 Houston-based companies in the Fortune 500 in 2017. Does Baltimore have any? Plus, the population was booming, whereas I believe Baltimore’s is rapidly shrinking. 

I don’t want to believe Baltimore will lose the Orioles in 2023 to Vegas or Nashville or Portland, but it is becoming more and more difficult not to think about that very scenario playing out. 

No Fortune 500 companies headquartered here.Constellation Energy was the last till acquired by Exelon.Some are close like T.Rowe Price,Under Armour and McCormick

1 hour ago, atomic said:

But I don’t think you even get the bobble head with a ticket you only get some stupid beanie.  I don’t understand the point of promotions if you are going to raise ticket prices.  Just don’t have the promotions. As it makes me less likely to go to the game.

This x1000. You’re essentially going to make people pay for giveaways. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

This x1000. You’re essentially going to make people pay for giveaways. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?

Orioles are a business. They will draw more then tonight for the giveaway,so more profit with higher ticket prices. That is why they charge more for Yankee and Red Sox games.To make more on the Yankee and Red Sox fans.That being said ,the Orioles ticket prices are not that bad.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Orioles are a business. They will draw more then tonight for the giveaway,so more profit with higher ticket prices. That is why they charge more for Yankee and Red Sox games.To make more on the Yankee and Red Sox fans.That being said ,the Orioles ticket prices are not that bad.

Free is almost too much. I agree with your original premise. The Orioles have been beyond pathetic in marketing their club. Other than a couple cheesy radio and TV spots what do you have? Even during the "glory days" (at least for me) from 2012-2016 I seldom saw any type of meaningful community involvement. Where were the promotional teams, rallies, billboards, endorsements? The Nats have them beat in that regard hands down.

Edited by Orioles1954
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Orioles1954 said:

Free is almost too much. I agree with your original premise. The Orioles have been beyond pathetic in marketing their club. Other than a couple cheesy radio and TV spots what do you have? Even during the "glory days" (at least for me) from 2012-2016 I seldom saw any type of meaningful community involvement. Where were the promotional teams, rallies, billboards, endorsements? The Nats have them beat in that regard hands down.

Also look at the Ravens much better promotion of the team and players in the community. I see the Justin Tucker Royal Farms commercials everyday.  

Joey Rickard had a Royal Farms commercial except he might have been the worst commercial actor I’ve ever seen. 

There are regular Ravens rallies throughout the season. It is easier in football because it’s a once a week event. But the Orioles could definitely do more. 

9 hours ago, Going Underground said:

About the worst run business I have ever seen.   Promote a “giveaway” and then just stick your own customers?  They must think we are all stupid.  They charge more for MFYs and Red Sox because a large number of Yankee and Boston fans gladly pay the extra...rather than this which results in alienating your own fan base.  They should just have a dollar game night. Given their play, that would be a fair price many nights. 

10 hours ago, milbest77 said:

Well Nashville is on my short list of retirement locations, be cool if the O's moved with me.

I really don't see how the O's stay in Baltimore long term. The city is not safe, only a matter of time before a highly publicized incident or two of violence against baseball fans.