Attendance 2019

Frobby

Thought it was interesting to look at the Nats attendance vs the Braves. 

Mon-Wed series but vs their rival who is in 1st and the Nats being a playoff contender.  

Mon 24,292

Tues 26,566

Wed  31,576. I know they said yesterday it was camp day at the park.  

Just thought it would give some context to the whole attendance topic. The Nats did not exactly pack the house this week.  

o

4-Game Set vs. BLUE JAYS ))))))) (August 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th)

ll19,716 )l) (21% Full)

ll16,331 )l) (36% Full)

ll12,951 )l) (28% Full)

ll18,831 )l) (41% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  57,829

4-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 14,457 

o

950,306, 26 home dates remaining.  The first two Yankee games should put the O's over 1M.    After this homestand,  KC and TB are left in August, which shouldn't draw well.  Labor Day with the kids are back in school, leaves TEX, TOR and SEA, 3 teams going nowhere.  The Dodgers series should do better than the rest on the September slate.  My guesstimate puts the team in the ballpark of last year's 1.56M.

17 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

950,306, 26 home dates remaining.  The first two Yankee games should put the O's over 1M.    After this homestand,  KC and TB are left in August, which shouldn't draw well.  Labor Day with the kids are back in school, leaves TEX, TOR and SEA, 3 teams going nowhere.  The Dodgers series should do better than the rest on the September slate.  My guesstimate puts the team in the ballpark of last year's 1.56M.

Lower.   

14 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

They're on pace to draw 1.425M.  Still lower?   2018 attendance went down nearly 1/2 million alone.

6 games with NY and HOU my guess is 130+K.  We'll see

Based on trends the last three years, I’d guess slightly under 1.425 mm.   We do have a few attractive series left, but the overall trend is attendance/game over the final third of the season tends to lag the first two thirds by a little bit.   I doubt that will change with the O’s this far out of the race.    Right now they are 155,000 below the same point last year.    I’d guess they’ll end up between 1.35-1.40 mm.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Based on trends the last three years, I’d guess slightly under 1.425 mm.   We do have a few attractive series left, but the overall trend is attendance/game over the final third of the season tends to lag the first two thirds by a little bit.   I doubt that will change with the O’s this far out of the race.    Right now they are 155,000 below the same point last year.    I’d guess they’ll end up between 1.35-1.40 mm.

I was figuring between 1.4 and 1.5 which puts them close to last year.  Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

I was figuring between 1.4 and 1.5 which puts them close to last year.  Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

By the way, it will be interesting to see how the Yankees draw this week.    They came through on a weekday series last July and never reached 23,000 for any of the games, including a single admission DH.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:13 PM, TonySoprano said:

950,306, 26 home dates remaining.  The first two Yankee games should put the O's over 1M. 

On 8/5/2019 at 2:08 PM, Frobby said:

By the way, it will be interesting to see how the Yankees draw this week.    They came through on a weekday series last July and never reached 23,000 for any of the games, including a single admission DH.

So far, 20,151 and 17,201, so they did not push over the one million mark after the first two games of the series, though they’ll probably do it today.    I must say, I wouldn’t have wanted to be at yesterday’s game.    First it was raining, then it was raining Yankee home runs.    

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

So far, 20,151 and 17,201, so they did not push over the one million mark after the first two games of the series, though they’ll probably do it today.    I must say, I wouldn’t have wanted to be at yesterday’s game.    First it was raining, then it was raining Yankee home runs.    

Well, if they can't draw for Yankees games, then your low estimate might be closer.  The weather better hold up tonight; the SopranO's are going to our first game of the season.   

2 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Well, if they can't draw for Yankees games, then your low estimate might be close.  The weather better hold up tonight; the SopranO's are going to our first game of the season.   

Looking pretty iffy.   Good luck!