Now Cobb is injured again

Frobby

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure he's very disappointed.  No way he gets traded unless he's healthy enough to put a string of quality starts together.

HE’S disappointed?

Now we have…what, 60% of a rotation? And that’s if you’re being kind?

Can’t you just hear Hyde saying, ”NEXT MAN UP! Oh...Wright...I guess that’s you.”

Just now, Philip said:

HE’S disappointed?

Now we have…what, 60% of a rotation? And that’s if you’re being kind?

Can’t you just hear Hyde saying, ”NEXT MAN UP! Oh...Wright...I guess that’s you.”

Shudder.....

I've been shouting about this all offseason. Elias needed to add more arms. There's so little major-league-caliber pitching in this organization and if anybody goes down to injury - there's no Plan B. Now they have to hope Mike Wright can get through at least four innings every fifth day.

Just now, theocean said:

I've been shouting about this all offseason. Elias needed to add more arms. There's so little major-league-caliber pitching in this organization and if anybody goes down to injury - there's no Plan B. Now they have to hope Mike Wright can get through at least four innings every fifth day.

Insurance arms costs money and it looks like his budget only allowed for guys making under a million.

17 minutes ago, theocean said:

Mike has a budget. There is now way he can bring in top talent. It costs too much. We just have to live with this year. It’s gonna be rough. But in 2 or 3 years we will have a lot better team. We will see the lean years were worth it. IMO 

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

Mike has a budget. There is now way he can bring in top talent. It costs too much. We just have to live with this year. It’s gonna be rough. But in 2 or 3 years we will have a lot better team. We will see the lean years were worth it. IMO 

Not asking him to bring in top talent. But with how Free Agency went this offseason, I think the O's could have found a way to put together a few pennies to get a James Shields type guy who is historically durable and throws innings. I doubt that would have cost much more than what they're paying injury-prone Nate Karns to sit on the IL.

Archived