I'm worried about this team....

Brion McClanahan

The Orioles are currently on pace to win 67  or so games. In this era of tanking, that could be a problem. Six teams won fewer than 67 games last year and two teams won exactly 67. Nine teams are currently on pace to lose more games than the Orioles.  It is getting harder to get a top draft pick. The outcome of the tanking strategy is definitely frequency dependent. If 10 teams are doing it, then the probability of getting a top 5 pick really drops. We should enjoy this summer’s #1 pick. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/14/2019 at 7:50 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I was pretty stoked when they picked Wieters.

But I guess that was pretty rational.

Your best bet to see me exuberant about something is to follow the music pages. I get going a bit when I find a new band or when an old band does something interesting.

2 hours ago, foxfield said:

Like the Glenn Miller Band  ???

o

The Steve Miller Band is old.

The Glenn Miller Band is ancient.

o

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

The Orioles are currently on pace to win 67  or so games. In this era of tanking, that could be a problem. Six teams won fewer than 67 games last year and two teams won exactly 67. Nine teams are currently on pace to lose more games than the Orioles.  It is getting harder to get a top draft pick. The outcome of the tanking strategy is definitely frequency dependent. If 10 teams are doing it, then the probability of getting a top 5 pick really drops. We should enjoy this summer’s #1 pick. 

If the Orioles win 67 games it'll most likely mean that some of the pieces that'll be on our next winning team have stepped up and solidified themselves.  And maybe, just maybe, they're ahead of schedule.  Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If the Orioles win 67 games it'll most likely mean that some of the pieces that'll be on our next winning team have stepped up and solidified themselves.  And maybe, just maybe, they're ahead of schedule.  Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

If the O's win 67 games this year it will mean that Givens, Strailey and Villar weren't traded.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m not sure this is correct. They are on a 67 game pace now and I’m not convinced any of these guys are going to play meaningful roles on the next winning team. If Cashner, Villar, Mancini, Straily  et al drive the wins, then I Don’t think that means much if anything for the future. 

p.s. Basically the roster as it now stands is designed to NOT have a lot of important future pieces on it. The interesting players are still in the minors. If Diaz, Hayes, etc., were on the team, then I would agree a little with your statement. 

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just venting, but I have a bad feeling we’re going to get swept and be 7-13. Which isn’t the worst thing, but hopefully we salvage a game. 

You clearly aren't a real fan. Getting swept would be beautiful. The Os need to put on their big boy pants and go out there and give up that big three run jack, that clutch hit, have a bullpen implosion, and have Davis get over his new found ability to hit a baseball and lose three in a row.

Tonight's performance really restored my faith in this team. They pitched to their capabilities. Keep it up. This is what every fan wants to see when they head to the Yard or turn on MLB.TV.  I think we should make "Cruel Summer" from Karate Kid (or Cobra Kai for you youngsters) the theme song for what is going to be a LONG but very productive baseball season.

1 minute ago, Brion McClanahan said:

Tonight's performance really restored my faith in this team. They pitched to their capabilities. Keep it up. This is what every fan wants to see when they head to the Yard or turn on MLB.TV.  I think we should make "Cruel Summer" from Karate Kid (or Cobra Kai for you youngsters) the theme song for what is going to be a LONG but very productive baseball season.

You got a problem with Bananarama? 

Archived