1/10th of the way through O's on pace for 61-101

wildcard

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is way, way too early to guess what the market for any of our players will be in July.    It depends on how our players are doing, what contending teams need at the time, and which players other teams have available.    And I especially think it’s way premature to judge how any of our players will do this year based on how they’ve done in 16 games or 3-4 starts.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

It is way, way too early to guess what the market for any of our players will be in July.    It depends on how our players are doing, what contending teams need at the time, and which players other teams have available.    And I especially think it’s way premature to judge how any of our players will do this year based on how they’ve done in 16 games or 3-4 starts.    

So what do you want to talk about?  The weather?   It depends on how pitchers pitch between now and  July.  Everyone knows that.   This is O's Talk.  If you can find something better to talk about I will be glad to join in.  But right now we are on page 5 of a thread that was started 3 hours ago.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Dude, just stop being levelheaded and reasonable.  

6 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Nothing to do with Cashner (sorry) but I think one thing that the O's can do to make things a little better is to not bat Davis, Mullins and Martin in the same group.  Three automatic outs in a row is difficult to watch.

Really it’s 4 automatic outs in a row when you include Sucre. 

I think there’s very little argument that the large contracts we have given to pitchers in the last few years have been poorly thought out with negative results,  and one of the reactions that was common regarding all of them out was, “what were the Orioles thinking?“

I don’t think anyone will be clamoring for any of our starters, although I think they will be at least mildly interested in a few of our relievers, and as far as I’m concerned I would listen on anybody. 

Not sure how much the phone will ring, though.

Archived