Mullins and Martin are hurting this offense...

DocJJ

Not sure we're going to be able to (or should) keep Martin on the roster all year.   The guy is an O-fer at the plate...    

Not sure why Mullins hit ok last year and can't this year...   League may have caught up to him?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Not sure we're going to be able to (or should) keep Martin on the roster all year.   The guy is an O-fer at the plate...    

Not sure why Mullins hit ok last year and can't this year...   League may have caught up to him?

He hit very well in August but put up a 512 OPS in Sept/Oct.

29 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Those guys are young. I’d sure give them the season. I’d rather watch them than overpriced over the hill veterans. 

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I figured Martin would be this bad.  Didn't think Mullins would be quite this awful.  

Martin was told to work on his fielding and not to worry about his hitting. Once he becomes completely comfortable in the field, let's see how his hitting develops.

Not worried about Mullins because there should be at least one good replacement out of Hays, Diaz and Mckenna.

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Martin was told to work on his fielding and not to worry about his hitting. Once he becomes completely comfortable in the field, let's see how his hitting develops.

Not worried about Mullins because there should be at least one good replacement out of Hays, Diaz and Mckenna.

I don't believe that he was told not to worry about his hitting, not entirely.  Aside from his bonehead throw yesterday, he looks smooth and comfortable in the field.  But I can't imagine they're not working on his offense.  He's gotta hit.  As you said, Mullins can be replaced by a Hays, Diaz, McKenna...I'd imagine they can find a slick fielding SS that can provide some better offense than what Martin has shown.

If he could OPS .675 and provide great defense, I'm cool with that.  

Archived