Wright DFA, Ynoa is up

eddie83

25 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I know people are going to pile on Wright, but man...this team doesn’t have just one culprit. It seems this entire pitching staff is putrid save for a few of them. You don’t give up over 40 homers before May and not have more numerous problems. That said, Wright has reached the end of his rope. Next man up, I suppose.

Yes the team is bad. But Wright is BAD.

and he has two million in the bank, a pension and lifetime health insurance. He’ll be fine.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Wow.   Ynoa is out of option and will take a 25 man roster spot.   And he has not pitched that well.  

28 minutes ago, AceKing said:

I think it is his time too.  Put up or shut up.

Yeah, this kind of puts Gabriel on the hot seat too.

See ya Mike. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Wow.   Ynoa is out of option and will take a 25 man roster spot.   And he has not pitched that well.  

Well this year is about getting a shot and having to perform. It’s time for Ynoa to produce or he gets DFAd too. We can’t just hoard these guys in the minors. Gotta take the ball and run with it when you get your opportunity. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Knowing him, he'll clear waivers, go to AAA and be back again in September.

I can’t imagine another team will claim him, so I’m fully expecting him to be outrighted to Norfolk.   

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Yes the team is bad. But Wright is BAD.

and he has two million in the bank, a pension and lifetime health insurance. He’ll be fine.

Not quite $2 mm in the bank.   He has less than 3 years service time so it’s more like $1.5 mm before taxes.   But still, not bad.  

Archived