The Silver Lining Report: Game 24/162 (O's lose 12-2)

interloper

Good morning! ?️

• David Hess: A far cry from his last outing, so that's a big positive as far as I'm concerned. This is more like the guy we expect him to be as a 5th starter, and that's normally fine if the game doesn't get away from us.

• ?Trey Mancini: 2-4 with an RBI double to deep RCF. OPS is 1.048. He has to slow down at some point... right? Nice catch in RF foul ground.

• Pedro Severino: Another bomb! His third in as many games. .883 OPS in a tiny sample. 

• Gabriel Ynoa: Welcome back to the bigs, Ynoa. He threw a scoreless inning, which, in this game, is definitely worthy of mention.

• Jesus Sucre: Speaking of scoreless innings... I mean the guy was perfect out there! 65 mph!

• Position players pitching: Is pretty fun, don't @ me. Obviously it's not ideal but at least it's been interesting. Hyde isn't too proud to punt for the sake of bullpen health. 

• Hanser Alberto: Bunt base hit!

• Stevie Wilkerson: Didn't get a hit, but certainly saw a LOT of work in LF in this one, and handled himself well. Welcome back to the bigs.

Surely the next game will be better. 

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

All of us will get a chance to pitch out of the bully by season’s end. Hmm, this could be worked into a promotion by the Orioles marketing department. 

Yeah!  I like it - like the "26th Ma - er - Person" or the guy at TX A&M who kicks off or whatever.  Make it happen!  ⚾

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Good morning! ?️

• David Hess: A far cry from his last outing, so that's a big positive as far as I'm concerned. This is more like the guy we expect him to be as a 5th starter, and that's normally fine if the game doesn't get away from us.

• ?Trey Mancini: 2-4 with an RBI double to deep RCF. OPS is 1.048. He has to slow down at some point... right? Nice catch in RF foul ground.

• Pedro Severino: Another bomb! His third in as many games. .883 OPS in a tiny sample. 

• Gabriel Ynoa: Welcome back to the bigs, Ynoa. He threw a scoreless inning, which, in this game, is definitely worthy of mention.

• Jesus Sucre: Speaking of scoreless innings... I mean the guy was perfect out there! 65 mph!

• Position players pitching: Is pretty fun, don't @ me. Obviously it's not ideal but at least it's been interesting. Hyde isn't too proud to punt for the sake of bullpen health

• Stevie Wilkerson: Didn't get a hit, but certainly saw a LOT of work in LF in this one, and handled himself well. Welcome back to the bigs.

So the BP is healthy - (sic) sliver lining?  Hyder says we don't need no help tonight.  I'm thinking that Stevie might see some action on the bump!  Nice recap!

I see that Tayler Grover is back up with Bowie.  He can set some speed records when he arrives!  ?

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Good morning! ?️

• Position players pitching: Is pretty fun, don't @ me. Obviously it's not ideal but at least it's been interesting. Hyde isn't too proud to punt for the sake of bullpen health. 

I hope it is.

2 minutes ago, bobmc said:

So the BP is healthy - (sic) sliver lining?  Hyder says we don't need no help tonight.  I'm thinking that Stevie might see some action on the bump!  Nice recap!

I see that Tayler Grover is back up with Bowie.  He can set some speed records when he arrives!  ?

I hope Grover never takes a comebacker near his mouth area. 

Image result for grover

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

All of us will get a chance to pitch out of the bully by season’s end. Hmm, this could be worked into a promotion by the Orioles marketing department. 

Instead of "kids run the bases" we could have "kids pitch the 9th".  It would get rid of the pesky situation where the team has to pitch 9 innings for home games.  Make them like the road games where they only pitch 8.  

Archived