If you could ask Mike Elias anything, what would you ask?

Tony-OH

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

If you are in a car traveling at the speed of light, and you turn the headlights on, do they do anything?

Besides those, I’d like to know if he could only keep five players in the entire organization, who would they be?    And (for Can of corn) has ownership placed any limitations on what you can spend on international players?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Does the team need a photographer?

Do you hang the toilet paper on the roll over or under?

Jokes aside (and he probably wouldn't answer this):  Billy Beane said essentially all GMs are looking at the same things now, that there are no more undervalued/under-appreciated assets in the game.  How do you compensate for this, what are you putting values on and what are you researching to give you more insight and a leg up on the competition? 

Elias has found his undervalue/ under appreciated assets:  24-26 year old players that were blocked: Smith, Alberto, Severino and Martin.

30 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Elias has found his undervalue/ under appreciated assets:  24-26 year old players that were blocked: Smith, Alberto, Severino and Martin.

It's possible.  The thing about that question is that he's not going to really give a concrete answer.  I respect Elias, he doesn't give it all away while being as transparent as he possibly can be.  It's a fine line to walk.

1) Has ownership placed any financial restrictions on you? 

2) Would you have preferred that management had let you assess / trade the players that would have still been under contract on 2019 rather than let your predecessor do it? 

3) How do you expedite a rebuild on a team with very few tradeable assets? 

4) In terms of draft strategy do you factor in position/organizational depth or just draft the best available player? 

5) Assuming they continue to perform when do you expect players like Diaz and Mountcastle to get promoted to the MLB roster? Long term where do you project these players position wise? 

What other player development or operations  personnel hires would you like to make within the next six months to a year?

What technological or facilities updates would you like to complete in the next few years?

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well I just got done with talking with Mike for about 45 mins. I'll post some things soon,

Cool!    Great that he was accessible to you.    Hope you let him know that his most knowledgeable, intense fans can be found here.   

53 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

1) Has ownership placed any financial restrictions on you? 

2) Would you have preferred that management had let you assess / trade the players that would have still been under contract on 2019 rather than let your predecessor do it? 

3) How do you expedite a rebuild on a team with very few tradeable assets? 

4) In terms of draft strategy do you factor in position/organizational depth or just draft the best available player? 

5) Assuming they continue to perform when do you expect players like Diaz and Mountcastle to get promoted to the MLB roster? Long term where do you project these players position wise? 

#2 is a good one I've wondered about myself. 

57 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Diaz hasn't been playing well.

I'm not playing since I don't think he'd give an in depth and accurate reply to any question I'd have.

Archived