Ynoa to the rotation replacing whom?

HowAboutThat

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m the village optimist when it comes to Bundy.   He’s allowing fewer hits than innings pitched, his walk rate is reasonable, and he’s striking out a ton of guys.    His problem boils down to one thing: allowing too many homers.   But that has calmed down recently, with two homerless starts in his last three.     I say he’s capable of going on a run of good pitching.    

He allows too many HRs because of his lack of command. He had command of everything last time out.

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hyde pretty much said he’s going to leave Ynoa in a relief role for now.    

I think Hess is in much more danger of losing his spot than Bundy is.   Bundy hasn’t been great, but has managed to pitch 5+ innings in his last five consecutive starts.  Hess on the other hand has failed to last five innings in three of his last four outings.    That puts a lot of strain on the bullpen.   

Straily hasn’t been very good of late either.    He gets something of a pass because he joined the team late, but he needs to start pitching better or he could lose his spot.  

I agree with this. Look players are going to have to perform this year, or they’re just going to have to be replaced by other players that won’t perform. 

I have hope for Ynoa though. He’s had a long road back and he’s always looked like he has the stuff. 

Archived