The Silver Lining Report: Game 37/162 (O's lose 2-1)

interloper

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But there's plenty to like in this one!

• ?Andrew Cashner: Fantastic start to go toe-to-toe with Sale. 6 innings, only 4 hits, and the ERA is a downright respectable 4.25. He's using more of his pitches this year, including an improved curveball, and hopefully he can keep it up.

• ?Trey Mancini: He's officially back. 2 doubles, RBI, and a walk-off home run to CF that Bradley Jr. robbed the bejesus out of. Ugh. Hey, also some nice stretches at 1B. Trey, babe. He's good!

• Joey Rickard: Broke up the no-hitter, thank god, and came around to scores on Trey's double. Stole a base.

• The bullpen: A great performance. Fry, Givens, Armstrong, and Ramirez combined for 6 innings and 1 run to match Cashner's line, basically. Armstrong has yet to allow a run since being swapped for Wright, Givens is looking like his best self again, and Fry is just getting it the heck done. Not really mad at Ramirez for this one. 

• Red Sox: Battled them hard, man. It took them 12 innings to beat us and they couldn't hit Cashner. Bradley is OPSing .410 by the way. Is he the new Chris Davis? 

• Infield defense: Great play and flip by Villar to 3B after Hanser's bobble got away from him. Nice tag by Hanser. Couple of nice plays at 3B by Hanser and Ruiz, Martin was smooth on some plays, Mancini we already mentioned. 

• Pedro Severino: Appeared to have called a great game, but the highlight was the strike-em-out, throw-em-out double play. He was pumped, to say the least. ?

3 hours ago, interloper said:

• The bullpen: A great performance. Fry, Givens, Armstrong, and Ramirez combined for 6 innings and 1 run to match Cashner's line, basically. Armstrong has yet to allow a run since being swapped for Wright, Givens is looking like his best self again, and Fry is just getting it the heck done. Not really mad at Ramirez for this one. 

• Red Sox: Battled them hard, man. It took them 12 innings to beat us and they couldn't hit Cashner. Bradley is OPSing .410 by the way. Is he the new Chris Davis? 

• Infield defense: Great play and flip by Villar to 3B after Hanser's bobble got away from him. Nice tag by Hanser. Couple of nice plays at 3B by Hanser and Ruiz, Martin was smooth on some plays, Mancini we already mentioned. 

Not mad at Ramirez despite homer and walk because of what? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Not mad Ramirez despite homer and walk because of what? Thanks.

That reminds me, I forgot to put Severino's strike-em-out-throw-em-out in there. I'll edit.

Not mad because it's extra innings and the pitching staff as a whole gave up 2 runs in 12 innings. I don't know how you don't take that every time. Ramirez is not a shut down 1 inning guy, he's a guy who eats multiple innings. Benintendi is a good lefty and we already used our 1 left hander. 

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

The biggest gripe I have is the 22 K's. I haven't been able to watch and or listen to many games this year, but it seems as though the SO's had been down a little. 

When you face Chris Sale you're probably gonna have some K's.

16 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

The biggest gripe I have is the 22 K's. I haven't been able to watch and or listen to many games this year, but it seems as though the SO's had been down a little. 

Yeah what are you gonna do. We caught Sale right when he turned it around.

3 hours ago, interloper said:

That reminds me, I forgot to put Severino's strike-em-out-throw-em-out in there. I'll edit.

Not mad because it's extra innings and the pitching staff as a whole gave up 2 runs in 12 innings. I don't know how you don't take that every time. Ramirez is not a shut down 1 inning guy, he's a guy who eats multiple innings. Benintendi is a good lefty and we already used our 1 left hander. 

Ok, just asked because Ramirez was one inning / one game-losing run--not 12 innings / 2 runs. I thought maybe you saw that he was pitching great and got beat on a good pitch, etc.

49 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Ok, just asked because Ramirez was one inning / one game-losing run--not 12 innings / 2 runs. I thought maybe you saw that he was pitching great and got beat on a good pitch, etc.

Nah it was a meatball, sadly. Lol. 

Archived