The Silver Lining Report: Games 39 & 40/162 (O's lose 7-2; win 5-1)

interloper

A belated report on a nasty Monday. Time for some silver linings!

Game 39

• Dylan Bundy: Managed to gut out 5 innings despite the ever-weakening fastball. ERA only increased 0.01 point since his 7 inning gem last time. He doesn't usually implode out there even if the outing isn't great.

• Branden Kline: Nice clean inning and a third. Struck out Trout! 

• Richie Martin: A double! I have to point out any life that comes from his bat. 

• Dwight Smith Jr.: A 2-run bomb for the totality of the Orioles runs in this one. Excellent.

• Stevie Wilkerson: A 2-hit ballgame for the Orioles new CF. 

Game 40

• ?John Means: What can we say? He's the man. 6 innings of 1 run ball FTW. The ERA is a pristine 2.33 and he's got 5 wins. ?‍♂️

• ?Home runs: DINGER PARTYYYYYYYYY. Davis, Smith Jr., Wilkerson, and Severino all went deep.

• Chris Davis: But I'm going to call out Davis specifically, who continues to experience some kind of revival. All we can do is watch and see how it plays out. His OPS is approaching .700 at... .666. ?

• Mychal Givens: The ERA falls to below 3 for the first time this season, I believe, and he's in full Good Givens Mode. 2 Ks in his inning of work.

• Shawn Armstrong: Continues his streak of not allowing an earned run as an Oriole! He's looked pretty effective since coming over. Bunch of different breaking stuff.

• Paul Fry: I freakin' love Paul Fry.

• Avoid the sweep

• Turned 3 double plays

Thanks for this and for concatenating them into one big silver lining!  Two things:

Branden Branden

Richie's mom was a super heroine!  Thanks Sara!  And Richie actually likes math and studied engineering at Gatorville U (just an hour away from this FL paradise and home to Tom Petty)!

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Game 40:  

Sara Perlman walked right past me while I was walking to my seats and I was like 

giphy.gif

For Moose and his friends.  Sara was born on 9/16 so she's a Virgo (like me) and we know all Virgos are good peeps!  (cough Cal Ripken Marvelous Marv Throneberry cough)  ?

Archived