Straily's last chance?

wildcard

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

O's have Means, Cashner, Bundy, Hess, Ynoa and Ramirez who can start.  That's 6.  When Cashner is traded then hopefully Cobb is back from the IL. Tyler Herb looks interesting at Norfolk if he can get is walks down.

O's may have to look for young MLB ready starter(s) in return for Cashner, Givens or Mancini in July.

And that’s not much. Plus injuries. 

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

I don't get why we didn't sign a couple more decent starters on one- or two-year deals to get us through this season and maybe next until Akin, Kremer and company are ready.

Elias is in a tricky spot. He has no desire to spend much money and he wanted there to be opportunities for the young arms. 

Karns was the kind of move you are talking about and he hasn’t been able to stay healthy. 

Akin pitched great again today. We will see him at some point. Keep in mind still have 4.5 months of the season left. 

11 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Must have used witchcraft.

sorry,, typo, comma is right next to the M.

Yeah, he was pitching pretty badly and find his groove again.

He was as bad as they get for a few weeks, im glad I parked him on the bench and didnt DFA him. :)

5 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I don't get why we didn't sign a couple more decent starters on one- or two-year deals to get us through this season and maybe next until Akin, Kremer and company are ready.

Generally FA starters don't sign with teams that has a launching pad for a park park for less than 1M in salary.  That's a really hard way to try to build a starter's value.

9 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

The Marlin reports were saying it was only money for the team.

But, remember NL pitchers dont always fare well when changing to the AL.

Did Miami save anything by releasing him?  I thought he was only signed for a season with them.

Archived