2019 38th round pick (1128): Ben Pedersen - RHP - Marshall HS (MN)

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I couldn’t find numbers on Stauffer either, but you pegged the remaining amount. Depending on Hammar, we could offer 340k without going into the tax range. 

I don’t really follow NCAA, but is Missouri that tough to steal away from?  

Its not my money, and I’m looking at the reality of watching the MLB team put up three straight 40 win seasons, so if they spend 500k extra on the draft then so be it. 

Missouri is a good program, they had two top 50 overall picks this year. But I think there is too much focus on the commitment as it's potential impact on signability. The kid wants to go to school or else he'd have been drafted in the 11th-15th round and signed for a mild overslot already. He has a number that either teams couldn't pay or didn't think was worth paying. Maybe he changed his mind, but that's pretty rare. 

As to the remaining overslot, it depends on Hammer and Houston Roth, both claim to be starting their pro careers but neither signing has been announced or bonus money disclosed. 

27 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Roch didnt say what amounts that they signed, but that the Orioles have now signed all the draft picks through pick 34. Its in his todays lineup post

150k for Houston Roth and Dan Hammer according to Nathan Ruiz. 

• Upvote 1