Chris Waters

steveox

Great story. I love these kinds of things. Waters deserves to pitch till he either makes it or bombs. The guy looked sharp.

Now if Montanez can start doing the same stuff. You got to think Montanez has just said to himself. If Waters can make it I can do a good job also.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if Montanez can start doing the same stuff. You got to think Montanez has just said to himself. If Waters can make it I can do a good job also.

They were in the same draft class of 2000, Lou in the 1st round, Chris in the 5th. I'm sure they are bonding up there, being the 2 unheralded rooks.

I have two great pitching related Oriole memories this season.

1. JJ facing Manny with the bases loaded and battling to get that weak comebacker. What a heroic duel.

2. The Water's start. He looked so darn confident up there, that win or lose, he looked like he belonged.

Good luck to this kid, and thanks for the memory Chris

I have two great pitching related Oriole memories this season.

1. JJ facing Manny with the bases loaded and battling to get that weak comebacker. What a heroic duel.

2. The Water's start. He looked so darn confident up there, that win or lose, he looked like he belonged.

Good luck to this kid, and thanks for the memory Chris

This is the thing that stuck out at me with him last night. He was the antithesis of our pal Sarfate.

I hate to say this, but he reminds me a bit of Burres, but with better command and poise.

This is the thing that stuck out at me with him last night. He was the antithesis of our pal Sarfate.

I hate to say this, but he reminds me a bit of Burres, but with better command and poise.

Five pitches into the bottom of the first last night, I was thinking Tom Glavine.

Makes some sense considering he spent most of his first six professional seasons in the Atlanta Braves system, back when the Leo Mazzone way was still the organizational template.

(Dramatic tone) Last night Chris Waters pitched the game of his life. He defyed all odds, He pitched a 1-hit wonder, with no runs scored I might add.:D But what really impresses me, and I'm sure almost everyone here, is the way he played the game. He always hustled, whenever he got a ground ball he fired it over to first, he never showed signs of fatigue, he never quit. I think all players should so this kind of excitement and maturity. Because they never no when that will be thier last game.

One of my favorite memories of the 1989 season was when Mickey Weston was called up for the first time at age 28, after about a decade in the minors. In his major leage debut, he got the save in a win over the A's, and as he walked off the field the camera seemed to show him wiping tears from his eyes.

I bet Waters knows how Weston felt.

Where is the Chris Waters love today?

Had to bring that up didn't you.

People were just giving him props on his great game that he pitched in LAA and said he deserved to have another start. No one said that he was a future ace and said he would be awesome.

He had a rough start, its not like Bierd helped either.

Why wouldn't you give a guy some love after he 1 hits the Angels in his first major league game?

Archived