2019-2020 International Signings Thread

Keep in mind (I am almost certain), those numbers are reportable amateur signings.  Any signings 10k or less would not appear in those 2014-18 numbers.  Which is a big deal, but it makes it look like the Orioles were signing almost no one when they (I think) were simply signing low quality guys.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

At 16 yea, I think they are all pretty much shortstops or pitchers.

Why do we need so many shortstops? We have arguably a young great defensive shortstop. With our hard working coaches and his hard work will soon be the best hitting shortstop in the game.At least I was told that.

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Why do we need so many shortstops? We have arguably a young great defensive shortstop. With our hard working coaches and his hard work will soon be the best hitting shortstop in the game.At least I was told that.

You must realize these kids are six plus years away from being on the Orioles. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

1. Great day for these kids. Really life changing in many ways. 

2. This is exactly what Elias told us he would do. Hopefully it somewhat quiets the doubters. He’s not lying. Now it’s all about the quality moving forward.

I didn't think he was  lying..Just sad the Orioles were so far behind almost every other MLB team in this.Saw also that two of the bad record teams signed top players. Tigers and Royals.The Orioles should have been able to compete with them but never tried.

8 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

1. Great day for these kids. Really life changing in many ways. 

2. This is exactly what Elias told us he would do. Hopefully it somewhat quiets the doubters. He’s not lying. Now it’s all about the quality moving forward.

So far his track record of backing up his words with action is pretty sterling. He started up the international effort, hired a bunch of analytics staff, had a good draft where he didn't get too cute, and he's stuck to his word on development coming first guys like Mountcastle, Diaz going back to AA, resisting the urge to bring up Akin, sending Sisco down until he mashed, etc. 

• Upvote 2