2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

o

Chiming in on the big trade are ........

Keith Law ll (ESPN)

Baseball America

The Ringer

Jim Bowden ll (The Athletic)

Analysis: Breaking Down the Players Involved in Trade for Taylor Trammell, Plus National Reaction

(By Jeff Sanders)

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2019-07-31/padres-reds-indians-trade-taylor-trammell-franmil-reyes-logan-allen

o

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Your guarantee that he would finish with an under .800 OPS is looking great. Like basically every other thing you say.

For Trey to finish under .800 at this point, he’d have to be down around .644 for the remainder of the year. Possible, but certainly not likely.   

Shepherd wants a team to value him as a 125 OPS+ average corner OF.    He’s certainly not an average corner OF (defensively), so nobody’s going to value him that way.   And 125 OPS+ seems a bit rosy, too.    He’s at 129 this year but 115 for his career and that’s probably a better benchmark.   

IF no trades are made by the deadline Elias can always consider deals this off-season or next season. I hope our posters recognize that quality offers may not currently be pouring in for our trade chips. There are still nearly five hours to go, so we'll see how it goes. I remain hopeful that something positive goes down.

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

IF no trades are made by the deadline Elias can always consider deals this off-season or next season. I hope our posters recognize that quality offers may not currently be pouring in for our trade chips. There are still nearly five hours to go, so we'll see how it goes. I remain hopeful that something positive goes down.

I want some trades to happen today, but if Elias doesn't like the offers then there is no need for a 2000 style fire sale. I'm very pragmatic about today and my expectations. 

48 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Your guarantee that he would finish with an under .800 OPS is looking great. Like basically every other thing you say.

I am sure that is what is bringing down his value, my prediction. .  I thought I said he would have an .800 OPS.  Anyway he still trails Villar in position player WAR.  

Archived