Sara Perlman leaving

Legend_Of_Joey

When someone’s appeal is more visual than intellectual, seeing that person leave is no loss. I Hate mindless chatter during a game, especially when it happens over the game itself. It kind of indicates that the product itself is so bad you’ve got to do something else to maintain viewer interest.

When the TV guys are chatting with whomever, and actual gameplay is moved to a small box in the corner of the screen, that’s a really bad thing.

I wish her well, and I hope her departure is her choice, but it’s really no loss.

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Philip said:

When someone’s appeal is more visual than intellectual, seeing that person leave is no loss. I Hate mindless chatter during a game, especially when it happens over the game itself. It kind of indicates that the product itself is so bad you’ve got to do something else to maintain viewer interest.

When the TV guys are chatting with whomever, and actual gameplay is moved to a small box in the corner of the screen, that’s a really bad thing.

I wish her well, and I hope her departure is her choice, but it’s really no loss.

Disagree 100%.  Pearlman may be nice looking, but she is smart and knows the game.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, LA2 said:

If Dempsey or Tom Davis were to regularly post on the OH, I doubt that either would be on my Ignore list.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I could see me putting Dempsey on /ignore.

You're going to want to keep Davis visible, just for the Weis circular notifications 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Disagree 100%.  Pearlman may be nice looking, but she is smart and knows the game.

So? Her chats were inane and interrupted the game. During the game I want to watch the game, not watch her chat with random fans, or players. That’s what post-game interviews are for. The radio and TV guys provide facts and color and that’s more than enough. She served no purpose and one can only hope the experiment is over.

5 hours ago, Philip said:

So? Her chats were inane and interrupted the game. During the game I want to watch the game, not watch her chat with random fans, or players. That’s what post-game interviews are for. The radio and TV guys provide facts and color and that’s more than enough. She served no purpose and one can only hope the experiment is over.

That’s a call from the TV producers. We’re the worst team in baseball, maybe they want to distract viewers from how terrible we are. I wish Perlman the best. Way better than Viviano or Tom Davis in that role. Haha

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

She did a good job.    It’s not rocket science, so I’m sure they’ll find a competent replacement.    It will be interesting to hear what her next gig is.   

Hunter interviewed her on the radio pregame, and she said that she was not yet able to reveal what her next job would be but she would be soon. So this looks more like she is leaving for another opportunity then MASN getting rid of her.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Philip said:

You very clearly stated her value was her looks and not her intellectual contributions to the broadcast which probably says more about you than it does about her. 

Best of luck to Sara. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hunter interviewed her on the radio pregame, and she said that she was not yet able to reveal what her next job would be but she would be soon. So this looks more like she is leaving for another opportunity then MASN getting rid of her.

Absolutely.   I thought during the game I heard Gary Thorne say something about New York, though I may not have heard correctly.

• Upvote 1