Grade Elias’ First Deadline

brvn52

Grade Elias’ First Trade Deadline  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Elias’ First Trade Deadline

I voted C because thats what I graded the Cashner trade. Elias did better imo then the other GMs that traded back end starters (Kennedy, Vargas) but still had to give up cash. 

Still rather have the lottery tickets then non prospects though. 

I'd give him a B.  

He traded Cashner in mid July which now looks like a good move.

I have to think he wanted to trade more players for prospects but he obvious did not get offered the players he like in return.  Instead of giving players away to say he did something he held tight.

Sounds like a good approach to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Did Straily have another year of team control?

Yes.

I echo what everyone else said about not knowing enough to give a grade, but I certainly couldn’t give it higher than a C unless it turns out that one of the DSL players becomes a serious prospect.    

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes.

I echo what everyone else said about not knowing enough to give a grade, but I certainly couldn’t give it higher than a C unless it turns out that one of the DSL players becomes a serious prospect.    

I  think restraint deserves a good grade.   The Astros in 2012 traded 7 players in July.   You know Elias wanted to make more trades this July.  He made one major league trade.   Then decided that what was being offered was not enough.    That shows restraint IMO.

• Upvote 1