Roch: "I don't expect Villar back with the O's in 2020."

wildcard

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a bad decision to keep him now.  Even if him being on the 25 and 40 man rosters only makes a small difference it's still not optimal for him to be here. 

Oh, I don’t think anybody in the world disagrees with that, and I think that everybody in the world agrees that other considerations involved in keeping him around now, and we’re discussing those considerations. Everyone including Davis himself, thinks that any production he’s had over the last couple years is purely accidental. Something happened that destroyed his ability to play baseball at a worthwhile level.

It would actually look better if the team let him go. There would be no public relations disaster in cutting him now.

And there are lots of reasons to cut him now. When the need for that roster spot becomes important enough, Elias will dump him, make a speech he’s already written about “value to the franchise” and other such claptrap, and send him away.

5 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

See, the whole Billy Joel concert thing gives a lot of insight into what role, if any, Peter has at this point.  Up and down, he swore for years that the stadium was for baseball only.  The only thing that he bent on that was a visit from the Pope.  He kept turning down offers for concerts over the years.  

So, not even a year after the sons appeared in public after hiring Mike Elias, we have our first concert at OPACY.  I've heard from multiple people that it was so successful, it's happening again, and that they are trying to get at least one, maybe two, scheduled before it gets too cold.  

If the sons decided that they were going to go against dad's wishes on this, they will surely make their own decision about Chris Davis. 

One doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the other. Or, correlation does not equal causation.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But it is possible that their decision will mirror that of their father.

Yep, no guarantees they’re any better, just not their father. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Interest in might have meant he was plan B or even C.

Did the Cubs add anything....I know Zobrist is coming back but they are weak at SS and 2B. 

I think he could've dumped If if the trade cost was zero. I believe the Giants were another place where he would have been a considerable upgrade. 

What do you think about a 2 for 5.5 per with a 3rd year option?

I personally think he's fine at 5.5 and there is no way we should have 3 guys in the lineup hitting under .200 and talk about cutting Villar.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:34 PM, Roll Tide said:

Thanks for the info but Roch is hardly in the know. As I said previously, he could have been moved for nothing if they weren't planning on hm returning.

Can’t emphasize this enough.    Roch may have his own guesses but I put no more credence in them than yours or mine.     

I personally disagree strongly with the people who think Villar has little or no market value.   He’s not without flaws, but he’s a very decent player.   

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Can’t emphasize this enough.    Roch may have his own guesses but I put no more credence in them than yours or mine.     

I personally disagree strongly with the people who think Villar has little or no market value.   He’s not without flaws, but he’s a very decent player.   

If he was an elite player we wouldn't have gotten him for Schoop plus! I would like to him continue to shorten the stroke and hopefully pick up 20 points om his BA and OBP. I love the stolen bases and the hustle. Every now and then he's going to do something that you don't like ....But so did Manny!