Record Breaking HR Prediction Thread

Moose Milligan

As you are all aware, the Orioles are streaking towards the record for homers given up in a season, 258 by the 2016 Reds.  Our birds will destroy this record, it's not a question of "if"but "when".

So let's have some fun with it.  This thread is to predict:

• The batter that hits it
  • The pitcher that gives it up
  • Date of the game
  • Inning
  • Anything else you want to add to make yourself seem like you have a crystal ball

Baseball reference has the team giving up 223 homers so far.  I'm pretty sure BR updates nightly so that total should include what the Yankees hit last night.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

August 27, O’s vs. Nats, Juan Soto hits it in the 1st inning against Wojciechowski.   The ball travels 411 feet and ties the game at 1-1.    

What do I get when I’m right?

Isn't Soto injured on that date? 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

August 27, O’s vs. Nats, Juan Soto hits it in the 1st inning against Wojciechowski.   The ball travels 411 feet and ties the game at 1-1.    

What do I get when I’m right?

You deserve something for spelling Wojo’s full surname.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

More rep points? :disco:

Yeah, he really could use those. ?@Can_of_corn will have to settle for 2nd. 

OK, for @Moose Milligan's contest, I'll take Colonel Mustard, in the Billiard Room, with......a lead pipe.   

32 HRs in 8 games by NY this year is also a record for any visiting team, breaking a mark last set in 1957 (29).  The surprising thing is NY "only" has 9 vs Baltimore in 5 games at Yankee Stadium .  Anyhoo, tack on 5 more the next two nights from them.   31 to go to set the record. 
56 games each, home and road, and yet at home more fan souvenirs have been given out, 130 to 96.   42+ HRs/month.   Odds are a home game late in the month, which sets up TB but I'm not going with them.    After having said all that, ordinarily, I would say forget it, and go with 8/27 in DC, since I'll be at that game, but @Frobby already called it. hmmm

8/28 in DC.  Y-noa, it will be him,  3rd inning, hit by Rendon.   Final answer, Regis.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Yeah, he really could use those. ?@Can_of_corn will have to settle for 2nd. 

OK, for @Moose Milligan's contest, I'll take Colonel Mustard, in the Billiard Room, with......a lead pipe.   

32 HRs in 8 games by NY this year is also a record for any visiting team, breaking a mark last set in 1957 (29).  The surprising thing is NY "only" has 9 vs Baltimore in 5 games at Yankee Stadium .  Anyhoo, tack on 5 more the next two nights from them.   31 to go to set the record. 
56 games each, home and road, and yet at home more fan souvenirs have been given out, 130 to 96.   42+ HRs/month.   Odds are a home game late in the month, which sets up TB but I'm not going with them.    After having said all that, ordinarily, I would say forget it, and go with 8/27 in DC, since I'll be at that game but @Frobby already called it. hmmm

8/28 in DC.  Y-noa, it will be him,  3rd inning, hit by Rendon.   Final answer, Regis.

I have no illusions that I'll ever catch Frobby, he's both more popular and a better poster than I am.