Hess 28

Straily 22

Cashner 11

Yacabonis, Kline, Cobb 9 each

88 from players no longer here or on the sixty IL

Add Rogers 7

Wrights 5

That is 100 Home Runs given up.

I don't condone hazing, but I really think they should bring back Hess and Straily for tonight's game and tape them to the right and left field foul poles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

They should have them be the pitchers for next year's home run derby.  No more bringing your own pitcher, you have to use the pitchers who gave up the most homers per inning (min 30 innings) during the prior season.

Will MLB count Bundy's appearance as a Homerun Derby pitcher as the Orioles' single representative in the 2020 All-Star Game?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TGO said:

It's not as much fun predicting the particulars now but I'll go with a Tommy Pham 2 run HR off of Wojo in the first inning.

Au contraire!  I believe it's just as fun.  Tampa owns us, we only gave up one dinger last night.  We're due.  Plus we can laugh at how wrong some of us were and actually get closer to predicting what'll actually happen.  It's fun when someone can guess correctly.

I'm thinking Ji-Man Choi, first inning, two run shot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Avisail Garcia is on the IL.  He has begun a rehab assignment and is "expected to join the Rays sometime this weekend in Baltimore".  Sounds kind of iffy for tonight.  Givens is rested and is available to pitch.  He went an inning Tuesday.

Dammit. Oblique strain. Rehab game today at AAA. 

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I picked the new Dodge Dart as our pitching staff's representative car because that's what came up when I Googled "worst car of 2016."

There might be an advertising tie-in for a car that, "like a record number of pitches thrown by the 2019 Orioles, will go a long, long way." A Subaru or a Volvo or something.

The Orioles certainly could use a few extra bucks.

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

There might be an advertising tie-in for a car that, "like a record number of pitches thrown by the 2019 Orioles, will go a long, long way." A Subaru or a Volvo or something.

The Orioles certainly could use a few extra bucks.

Old parks used to have "hit sign, win suit" and even OPACY had something like that involving the Maryland Lottery for a while.  The O's should bring that back, but all the signs would be 75' or 100' past the fence.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Au contraire!  I believe it's just as fun.  Tampa owns us, we only gave up one dinger last night.  We're due.  Plus we can laugh at how wrong some of us were and actually get closer to predicting what'll actually happen.  It's fun when someone can guess correctly.

I'm thinking Ji-Man Choi, first inning, two run shot.

I'll piggy back that. But third or fourth inning. 

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Where will the record end up?   In the immortal words of Buzz Lightyear: “To infinity — and beyond!”

They're on pace for about 329.  Which would be 27% more than the previous record.  That's pretty astounding, not many records in a 140-year-old organization get broken by almost 30%.  That would be like someone having 340 hits or 95 homers in a season.

On the other side of the ball, you know that about half the teams in the majors this year are already, with five or six weeks to go, in the top 300 homer hitting teams of all time?  #300 is currently 186 homers.  24 teams are on pace to be in the top 300 of all time.  There have been 2925 major league team-seasons, so about 80% of the 2019 MLB teams are in the top 10% of all time in homers.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2019 at 8:43 AM, Frobby said:

August 27, O’s vs. Nats, Juan Soto hits it in the 1st inning against Wojciechowski.   The ball travels 411 feet and ties the game at 1-1.    

What do I get when I’m right?

I was right about the pitcher, anyway.    Otherwise, I was a full turn in the rotation too late.  

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was right about the pitcher, anyway.    Otherwise, I was a full turn in the rotation too late.  

Yeah, once again, another blown prediction on my part as well.  In fairness, even if I had stuck with my analysis, instead of tossing it aside, I would've gone with today or Saturday not yesterday.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, TonySoprano said:

Odds are a home game late in the month, which sets up TB but I'm not going with them.