vs. RED SOX, 8/18

OFFNY

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Back to back walks to Davis today.  I wonder when the last time that's happened? Gotta be a long time ago.

It amazes me that Davis is thrown so many pitches that are so far out of the strike zone. Is it lack of command, a belief he'll swing at that stuff, or fear of The Crusher? I think one of those possibilities can be ruled out.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

It amazes me that Davis is thrown so many pitches that are so far out of the strike zone. Is it lack of command, a belief he'll swing at that stuff, or fear of The Crusher? I think one of those possibilities can be ruled out.

Gary has said, talking to coaches on opposing teams, for all his ineptitude teams still fear Davis' power. One mistake pitch in a close game and he could beat you.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Isn't that true for every position player in baseball as long as they keep using these juiced balls?

Yeah. Less true for Davis than for maybe 90 percent or so of non-pitchers. Either that, or opposing pitchers are making damn few mistakes against him.