The Rubber Match (vs. Rays 8/25)

MongoBoy

6 hours ago, scOtt said:

Exert efort, get groceries, get home, sit for an hour. Get up to go to the bathroom, make "old man noise", feel like I'm 100 years old.

Lit a cigarette on a parking meter. Was a normal day.

What does that mean? Lit it while leaning on the parking meter? Found a cig left on one and lit it? Parking meter was so hot you used it to light your cig? Such a simple pictorial sentence but so mysterious.

6 hours ago, scOtt said:

I don't abuse alcohol. I treat it with great reverence.

This traditional brewery in Seoul treats spirits with great reverence, too.

http://english.visitseoul.net/tours/Drinking-Korean-Style-in-Seoul_/20346

Have been there twice in the past week for the samplings, each time with a different friend. Don't think you know what soju is until you've tried their incredible liquor. (Actually my absolute favorite place just up the alley from where I live closed forever back in June.)

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

What does that mean? Lit it while leaning on the parking meter? Found a cig left on one and lit it? Parking meter was so hot you used it to light your cig? Such a simple pictorial sentence but so mysterious.

It was... Talking World War 3 Blues. Lit it on a parking meter cuz it was so hot. I just want to use the "it was a normal day" part.

20 hours ago, scOtt said:

It was... Talking World War 3 Blues. Lit it on a parking meter cuz it was so hot. I just want to use the "it was a normal day" part.

As in "A Day in the Life"? Or better, from another song on the same album:

Lit my cig on a parking meter,

When I got a glimpse of Rita

Filling in a ticket in her little white book.