The lineup I want to see in September

sportsfan8703

9 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

I really want to see a Mountcastle/Santander/Stewart OF with Mancini at 1B for the rest of the year. 

The lineup I want to see in September(vs RHP)

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

In order to see what Stewart, Mountcastle, and Hays can do, we have to play Nunez at 3rd. Which we might want to take a look at anyway. I think going into next year we know where Wilkerson can play and that he can hit RHP. Same for Peterson. Everyone can get PT, but I want to see what this lineup can do. 

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

In order to see what Stewart, Mountcastle, and Hays can do, we have to play Nunez at 3rd. Which we might want to take a look at anyway. I think going into next year we know where Wilkerson can play and that he can hit RHP. Same for Peterson. Everyone can get PT, but I want to see what this lineup can do. 

Nunez is a disaster at 3. He’s 1B/DH.

I think the Powers will choose a 1B and a DH from the crowd and get rid of the others.

Not sure who that will be, but they definitely won’t be keeping everyone.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

No room for Ruiz?

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Nunez is a disaster at 3. He’s 1B/DH.

I think the Powers will choose a 1B and a DH from the crowd and get rid of the others.

Not sure who that will be, but they definitely won’t be keeping everyone.

Perhaps, but what's the harm in playing him there throughout September?  His value increases immensely if he can be average at third.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

I don't think you call up Mountcastle and DH him. Gotta let him continuing working in LF, regardless of results. I think Hays should go to AFL. Mountcastle, Santander, Stewart in the OF.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

What's the rush on Mountcastle? I would like to see some looks at Nunez at 3B but also would like to see Ruiz. If Mountcastle is called up, he should play the field, somewhere.

I think Severino deserves a starting role. Sisco just isn't that good.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

What's the rush on Mountcastle? I would like to see some looks at Nunez at 3B but also would like to see Ruiz. If Mountcastle is called up, he should play the field, somewhere.

I think Severino deserves a starting role. Sisco just isn't that good.

He's a prospect and everyone just HAS to see him.  

48 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Mountcastle also has a .873 OPS over 520 plate appearances in AAA. He really has nothing left to prove at that level.

Just remember that the median OPS in AAA this year is approximately eight trillion.  Ryan Flaherty and Caleb Joseph both have OPSes in the same neighborhood as Mountcastle.

In prior years an .873 in Norfolk would equate to about an .850 in Baltimore.  Not so much any more.  But given that he's in his early 20s his performance is still a positive. 

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Just remember that the median OPS in AAA this year is approximately eight trillion.  Ryan Flaherty and Caleb Joseph both have OPSes in the same neighborhood as Mountcastle.

In prior years an .873 in Norfolk would equate to about an .850 in Baltimore.  Not so much any more.  But given that he's in his early 20s his performance is still a positive. 

Isn't it the same ball though?

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Mountcastle is still 13th in the league in OPS.  Granted I don’t know if this means a lot because the ones that are higher probably got promoted and lost eligibility.

What in the world is going on in AAA leagues this year?  Is this related to the ball? Average OPS in both leagues is up like 70 points compared to 2018.

3 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Mountcastle is still 13th in the league in OPS.  Granted I don’t know if this means a lot because the ones that are higher probably got promoted and lost eligibility.

What in the world is going on in AAA leagues this year?  Is this related to the ball? Average OPS in both leagues is up like 70 points compared to 2018.

AAA is using the MLB ball this season. This came up as evidence in the HR thread that this seasons spike was mostly ball related and not launch angle or something else. AAA switched balls and offense is through the roof there.

• Upvote 1