The lineup I want to see in September

sportsfan8703

On 8/26/2019 at 5:56 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

The lineup I want to see in September(vs RHP)

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

In order to see what Stewart, Mountcastle, and Hays can do, we have to play Nunez at 3rd. Which we might want to take a look at anyway. I think going into next year we know where Wilkerson can play and that he can hit RHP. Same for Peterson. Everyone can get PT, but I want to see what this lineup can do. 

i would start watching games again if this happens, this would be *gasp* fun

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't have an issue with them promoting folks like Grenier, I have an issue with saying things like you have to master your level and then promoting Grenier.  It's inconsistent messaging. 

How many organizations have you ever heard of with more than two employees that are always completely consistent with all messaging?  It's unpossible.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But now I'm interested in a personal level. 

You made a comment that has led me to believe that you like a more...chaotic sort of workplace than I would favor.  Is that accurate? 

No, not accurate. I would prefer less chaos in the workplace. 

But I argue that doesn't relate to what we're seeing here from Elias. That would be more like if Elias told Hyde the season wasn't about winning, and then fired him for managing a last place team. Or demoted Mountcastle to AA because his fielding was poor when the whole idea is to let him learn more positions and develop. 

Grenier right now is loving Elias. He got promoted! And he did have a decent season at Delmarva, if not dominant. It's time to see what he can do higher up. I think we'd agree if he put up those numbers in Frederick all of next year, he's not likely to be promoted to Bowie the same year. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Ryan Mountcastle is going to be given plenty of opportunities.  Maybe not this very instant, but they'll come.  If he's frustrated because his call up might be in September instead of August I guess that's understandable, but also a little immature.

And I don't disagree with that - though I was making a general comment.  .  

On 8/26/2019 at 4:56 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

The lineup I want to see in September(vs RHP)

1. Villar SS

2. Mancini 1B

3. Santander RF

4. Nunez 3B

5. Alberto 2B

6. Stewart LF

7. Mountcastle DH

8. Sisco C

9. Hays CF

In order to see what Stewart, Mountcastle, and Hays can do, we have to play Nunez at 3rd. Which we might want to take a look at anyway. I think going into next year we know where Wilkerson can play and that he can hit RHP. Same for Peterson. Everyone can get PT, but I want to see what this lineup can do. 

I go with that. Just hope no Davis. 

14 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Master of your domain?

My cousin was in this episode, playing George’s annoying cousin who comes to visit just as George is trying to watch the silhouette of his hospital roommate having her sponge bath.    

• Haha 1

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

Is there anything to say about certain coaches being better at coaching certain positions? Like, what if Grenier’s promotion was just an effort to work with a better shortstop program in Frederick? Do teams look at things like that?

They might.  But the question remains, why Grenier over Hall?

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They might.  But the question remains, why Grenier over Hall?

I would not have promoted Hall.  Whether Grenier deserved a promotion is another issue.    But I’d rather Hall just get his first season of full season ball under his belt and develop him patiently. He did well, but not to the point where I would have seen a reason to push him further.   

Based on the stats, I also believe Grenier is presently the better defender, though I believe Luke opined early in the year that he liked Hall’s tools and actions better.    So I’m happy with Hall getting more regular reps at SS once Grenier got promoted, without Hall having to simultaneously adjust to a higher level of pitching.